honda f4 good stunt bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Question honda f4 good stunt bike?

Hello everyone. I may actually have a chance to pick up a wrecked bike for cheap and make it into a stuntbike. The bike is a honda 600 F4. I was wondering if this would be a good stunter. I know that the bike is carbeurated and was unshore if this was OK for stunting. The bike was recently in an accident. If this would be a good stunter I am going to make the guy an offer providing that the frame, forks, etc. aren't bent. He says it looks cosmetic and needs a new case cover and clip ons. If that is the case and he accepts my offer I will be buying the bike and ripping off all the fairings and ordering me a fi crash cage a 12 bar and some chain and sprockets. I hope this would be a good bike for stunting. I am pretty good on my gsxr, but I want to get into slower parking lot type of stuff. If I get this bike it would be a dedicated stunter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 02:11 AM

I don't do any slow stuff, but I think it works well for stunting. I can do 2nd gear standups like nobody's business. I have done a few stoppies here and there. I haven't found any problems with it being carbureated. Since it has a fuel pump and not a float and bowls, I don't think being tipped back causes any fuel cuts.

It has a strong powerband on the bottom too, so you can pull through while up, or get up at a low rpm.

I think it is personal preference and riding style too though.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

OK thanks. I went to go look at the bike and I really want it. But they want a little too much for it and I am not financially stable enough to buy another bike right now. I was hoping they would sell it to me for a bit cheaper. I guess I will just see what happens. Maybe they will let it go for cheaper.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:25 PM

How much are they asking?

I would just give them a little while. It is hard to sell a crashed bike, it's expensive to get new fairings. Then after a few weeks go back and offer them less.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

They want $1400 if I buy it as is. All of the plastics on the bike are damaged beyond repair the stator cover is crackeed open, and the stator is mangled, along with the flywheel that rotates around the stator. The bike is a friend of mines cousin. They wanted me to fix it so they can sell it. I looked at it and just for the parts to get it in good running condition would cost them about $350 and they would have to pay me to fix the bike. After I fix it they think they could get 1800 for it with no plastics and a scratched up swingarm and frame. This is why I asked them how much they would give it to me for. This would be a perfect dedicated stunter. I am really tight on $$$ right now. I just don't want to see the deal go down the drain. I didn't get to look at it in daylight so there are probobally more broken parts on the bike. Even if I buy it. I would most likely not be ready to use it as a stunter until next season.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 05:31 PM
jab

I say get it if you can, f4s are great stunt bikes, maybe if they sit on it for a few theyll dump it cheap, dont help them fix it, cause that enables them to sell it to someone else for more than you can afford.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

good deals allways come at bad times for me. It really sucks that I don't have any money at the moment. I really want a dedicated stunter for parking lot stuff. I offered them $1000 as is, so I guess I will see what happens when they get back to me. I am so broke right now that I probobally wouldn't be able to fit the bike with sprockets, 12:00 bar, and cage until next season, but that really doesn't bother me. I have been keeping my eye out for good deals on a bike for stunting and this one is the best I have seen yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode