I cant keep it up! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

I cant keep it up!

I finally got it up today but it just wants to fall back down. It will spring up nice and stiff like it should but then it just goes limp and falls back down. I got it up about 5 times today with it only to fall back down a few seconds later. I'm unimpressed by my own performance. Any suggestions on how to keep it up?

Sepias

P.S. Get your minds outta the gutter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 PM

You did that on purpose.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Heh, yea I thought it might give a few people a cheap laugh. But seriously how can I keep the front end of my bike from droppin once I get it up? I dont seem to have enough time to give it carefully give it more gas without flipping it. Im holding it at around 11.5K RPM when I let the clutch out and Ive gotten it to come up almost to the BP but it just goes limp and drops back. Any suggestions? I know their are tons of posts out there, but I gave you all a cheap laugh

Thanks,
Sepias

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 PM

try to clutch it up at a lower rpm. there's no need for you to be that high in the rev level. That leaves you with more rpm to get to bp. If you're not chasing it to bp, then you're letting it down on your own. WHich means you're still scared. Cover the rear brake and keep practicing. You'll find what works for you with time. Nobody can tell you exactly how to do it. Just what works for them. And what works for them might not work for you. So, gear up, practice and be safe. Most of all... have fun.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips RoadStain, Ill head back out and try at a lower RPM.

Thanks,
Sepias
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 AM
jab

Yeah youre bringing it up with the revs to high, if youre not letting of the gas, then youre hitting rev limiter and losing power, and never reaching bp. What gear are you in? I think you might be taking to long on the clutch/throttle blip too, it should be about a half second from roll off/clutch/roll on, all basically at the same time, this way you use momentum to yourr advantage, which lets you pop it up quicker with less rpm. Its all technique man, just keep at it. I recomend practicing popping up quick to bp(or whatever is comfortable, youll get better as you go) over and over, once you get that, riding them out is cake. Start small and just work at it, at your own comfort level. Dont forget that back brake!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode