think i caught the bug - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

think i caught the bug

I went and watched some local stunters practice last night in a parking lot. I just got my new bike like 3 days ago, it took everything i had to not try and do some wheelies. Even though i have never done one on a sport bike. I had never seen anyone stunt in person before and it was "nuts". I cant stop wanting to try and learn some tricks. Just forked over a bunch of cash on a new bike, but may be time to save up for a bike to trash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:12 AM

I remember when I went to see a stunt show for the first time. There were a lot of sport bikes and sweet Harley's. I rolled up on my 1982 Yamaha Virago XV750 (the bike i learned to ride on). Anyway, it was a great show!!! I don't have any advice for stunting except to wear your gear!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
jab

welcome aboard, my advise is get a crunchy bike and find a legal spot, that nice bike and youre license are already at risk if youre even thinking about stunting!!!! Wear gear and respect the learning curve. Good luck. Also I think you should just ride for a while, just to train youre muscle memory on such things as throttle, brake input, etc. this is vital to all aspects of pushing youre limits on a bike when panick time hits and you dont have time to think!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:11 AM

Its a good past time. Just dont be too squidly about it. Try to get at least 10k miles under your belt, and its really best to get a dedicated stunt bike. Ya, know, something that crashes cheaply..

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

mY friend just got a 93 cbr 600 to learn how to ride a bike. I think i may use that when he is done with it. I know it has the power just have to change out sprockets and whatnot. My of the guys I know that stunt have 04's and 05's. The take brand new bikes, beat the tank in(on purpose), cut parts off, add some bars and beat the hell out of them. Is that the norm for this sport? I could tear up an old bike but not a brand new one.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 05:01 AM

No point in beating up a new bike... no spare parts on ebay yet.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 02whitestang
mY friend just got a 93 cbr 600 to learn how to ride a bike. I think i may use that when he is done with it. I know it has the power just have to change out sprockets and whatnot. My of the guys I know that stunt have 04's and 05's. The take brand new bikes, beat the tank in(on purpose), cut parts off, add some bars and beat the hell out of them. Is that the norm for this sport? I could tear up an old bike but not a brand new one.
Not the norm, but yes it does happen a lot. Its all a matter of if you have the cash and the desire. I beat the hell out of an 02 gixxer. But my suggestion is to get what you can and get it cheap. You will definately destroy it while learning. Old 900rr's are nice. f2-f4i's are great. FI gixxers. Anything you wouldn't mind walking out to the garage and kicking over bruce lee style just for the hell of it. Fun "sport" but can get pricey and painful. Good luck. And wait on the wheelies till you get the hang of riding.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadStainR6
Anything you wouldn't mind walking out to the garage and kicking over bruce lee style just for the hell of it.
lmao
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 02:44 PM

I caught the bug on my R6 and couldn't wait to get a 1000. 11 grand, 30 miles, a plate and 3 screws in my wrist, and a few tears later, here I am just wishing I could ride.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mstrand_68
I caught the bug on my R6 and couldn't wait to get a 1000. 11 grand, 30 miles, a plate and 3 screws in my wrist, and a few tears later, here I am just wishing I could ride.
thats because you felt you needed a 1000 to stunt. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes man. Heal up and get back out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode