Stunt Bike: FZR600? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Question Stunt Bike: FZR600?

Hello to everyone. If you have read any of my other threads you know I plan to get a 05 r6 next spring . However I also have a "project" bike 91 fzr600 stored away in my girlfriends garage. Since I don't really want to learn and attempt any stunts on a almost brand new bike, I was wondering if this would be a capable machine? Right now it doesn't move on its own, but my girlfriends brother is confident he can fix it, and I am sure as hell willing to let him have a try because it is worth a lot more running than not. However if any of you capable stunters out there *ahem* roadstain*ahem* think its probably not a very good choice I am just as well off to sell it and get the cash. Doesn't bother me any. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:20 AM

Re: Stunt Bike: FZR600?

Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
Hello to everyone. If you have read any of my other threads you know I plan to get a 05 r6 next spring . However I also have a "project" bike 91 fzr600 stored away in my girlfriends garage. Since I don't really want to learn and attempt any stunts on a almost brand new bike, I was wondering if this would be a capable machine? Right now it doesn't move on its own, but my girlfriends brother is confident he can fix it, and I am sure as hell willing to let him have a try because it is worth a lot more running than not. However if any of you capable stunters out there *ahem* roadstain*ahem* think its probably not a very good choice I am just as well off to sell it and get the cash. Doesn't bother me any. Thanks.
You can use any bike as a "stunt" bike. But some are way more difficult to use than others. Ideally everyone would be able to use a 636 or an F4i or a gixxer, but thats sadly not the case. Your FZR, in my humble opinion, would be better to be fixed and sold than stunted. Then take the money you make from selling it and invest in a better stunt bike. You'd be amazed how cheaply you can get salvaged newer bikes that actually have nothing wrong with them. If you know someone with an auctin license, you're set! 2500 bucks can land you an AWESOME stunt bike. Which in turn you should then sell to me. Cause I can't find anyone with an auction license and I need a new stunt bike. Just playin. If you don't want to go the "salvage" route, you can just as easily pick up a used F2-F4. Awesome bikes. Parts are everywhere and cheap. For 2500 bucks you should be able to buy it and set it up for stunting. Take the plastics off of it and sell everything for some extra cash towards sprockets and a cage. 120 for sprocket setup, 125 for acerbis headlight, 200 for a cage and you're ready to rock and roll!

So the short and curlies answer would be. Fix it, sell it, and buy somethin a little bit better for stunting. Best of luck. Let me know if you have any other questions.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guy, I appreciate the feedback. I will def sell. I am not in a rush to start stunting anyway. I just want spring to be here so i can afford an r6 and get more time just riding. Then possibly if I have extra money I will buy a stunt bike, or maybe I will wait another season.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 PM

Hey Roadstain...

I keep hearing you talk about a "auction license". Cant you just go to a public auction?

I live in Waynesboro, and we have the Mason-Dixon public auto auction. I dont think that they do bikes, but there has to be a public one that does.

Also, where do you ride?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendog24
Hey Roadstain...

I keep hearing you talk about a "auction license". Cant you just go to a public auction?

I live in Waynesboro, and we have the Mason-Dixon public auto auction. I dont think that they do bikes, but there has to be a public one that does.

Also, where do you ride?
Most public auctions that I've ever seen are for stuff that people bought with stolen credit cards or insurance fraud or police auctions. Ends up being shitty furniture and 92 chevy celebrities. Nothing good. They have auto auctions that only dealers and people with "auction licenses" can go to. These auctions offer wholesale, salvage, state siezed and so on and so fourth. Basically when you wreck your bike and the insurance company totals it, they send it to an auction and get what they can for it. Thats where people with dealer and auction licenses go and pick up the bike. My dad got his BMW for like 14 grand less than he would have paid at a dealership cause a friend of his has a license. You need the license to get into the things. Down by harrisburg there is a huge auction every day were they sell like 8 thousand cars or some shit a week. Same deal with the bikes.

As far as where I ride, I've got a couple little places around my house that I go to and practice. The first sunday of every month there is a get together on route 125.There's a kick ass road that goes to ravine/hegins that everyone stunts up. It's a good time. You should check it out. great twisty ride there, stunt all afternoon. Ride home. Good shit. I also visit rt 44 almost daily. Check out http://www.motorcycleroads.us/pa.html If you're lookin for good roads to ride. I've found a ton and they really are awesome. But for my stunting stuff I usually hit up the bloomsburg fairgrounds or some of the parking lots I've found. I'm sure you've heard of the bloomsburg fair, everyone has! I live in bloom. If you come to the fair let me know, I'll show ya some nice roads. On someone elses bike. Cause.. well, I don't have one right now. As far as how to get a dealer license, I was gonna try to get one and buy and sell salvaged bikes and stuff. But gave up on the search since I'm moving. Might pick it up when I get to FL though.

~ the super
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Dont have a bike!?!

Get one man! Lets ride!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

I do know a guy with a auction licence, however hes not really a friend, he is a friend of a friend. So chances are slim.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendog24
Dont have a bike!?!

Get one man! Lets ride!
I've been stealing the roommates bike pretty frequently to keep me sane. He gets pissed every time I do somethin on it though (wheelie, stoppie, you know). I dunno if its cause he's worried about the bike or if its cause he can't do them. I don't like pushing it on other peoples stuff though. Irony has a way of kicking my ass. But if you do come up to the fair, or anyone for that matter (I know what you're all thinking "the fair" yea right, fairs are for rednecks and they're gay as hell!" not this one, this shit is pimp! College town guys.. think about it ) But anyway, if anyone is gonna be in the area I'm more than happy to get together and ride for a bit. Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode