decisions decisions, opinions opinions. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Question decisions decisions, opinions opinions.

getting rid of my way too small first bike, ninja250, this next month. i need to get something bigger and something that will be the easiest for me to learn tricks on.

im 18 and only weigh 130 pounds so if i buy a 1000cc bike im not sure ill be able to pick it up, but will a 600cc bike have enough power for me?

n e suggestions would be greatly appreciated to make this decision easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 03:20 PM

600cc have enough power my svs is easy to get up.Gixxers,R6's,ZX-6r,Cbr are all very quick bikes. If I were you I would get one of those before I would step it up to a 1000cc,coming from a 250cc to a 600cc is going to be a huge differ. But good luck with your choice, there is my

Later
Daniel
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

only 1 person has input?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ninjaboy17
only 1 person has input?
Looks like good advice to me. Don't really need any more input.

I am curious what you mean by not being able to "pick it up". Do you mean literally, if you drop it, or like to wheelie?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

pick it up when i dump it, i definetly dont have enormous muscles, and my ninja was only 300 pounds soo am i gunna have to call for help when i drop it ?!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 08:22 AM

liter bikes are within 50lbs (ussually less) of the 600's. Picking up a bike is more about proper form, than it is about weight.
That said, you might want to stick with a 600. they have TONS of power, more so than late 90's literbikes. And in the words of my favorite bikemag editor "You cant call yourself a wheelie expert unless you can wheelie a 600"

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 08:44 AM

from what I see one of the best stunt bikes would be a 636.

Most stunter's use them. Or an F4i
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
liter bikes are within 50lbs (ussually less) of the 600's. Picking up a bike is more about proper form, than it is about weight.
I agree. But I would go with (and this is from talking and listening to other people/posters/stunters, because I don't) either the Kawi 636 or an R6.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 11:26 AM

I guess what this really comes down to, is wether you (ninjaboy) want to go the serious stunter way, or do you just want to pop a few wheelies now and then.
If its just about a few wheelies than any 600 will do the trick. If on the other hand your going the serious stunter route, then it might be wise to pick up something a few years older, that is common enough for replacement parts to regurarly show up on ebay. You will need them. for some reason hondas (wether the 954 or the f4i) have a dispraportionatly large ammount of spare parts floating around.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 07:04 PM

F4i. DO IT. Or a gixxer 6. I'm guessing you're not going to be a very tall individual (most 130lb'ers aren't) so you may need to lower the bike. No liter bikes please. Lowering makes wheelies harder. No R6's. They shatter like glass when they hit the ground. And parts are pretty hard to come by. You want my honest opinion? Well, I'll give it to you anyway.

You're just learning. Get something affordable and with parts everywhere. You can pick up a good Honda F2 or F3 for 1000 bucks. Put a cage on it, and some gearing. Find an empty parking lot, and start learning. Keep saving money. By the time you can afford a fuel injected bike... You'll be good enough to have one. This is the stunter way. Live it, learn it, love it. Ask questions, I'll do what I can to help you out.

The super
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode