Where do you go??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Where do you go???

So since I've been practicing wheelies and stoppies none stop for a while now, I've gotten the cops called on my twice and been told to stop wheeling or whatever...so I wanna know..where do all you guys go to practice without getting bothered??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 AM

bout 5 miles out of town there is a long streight road. about 2 miles of perfect for stunting pavement. The people living on that road dont seem to mind, sometimes they come out and watch.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 PM

I live in a pretty small town. So when I do wheelies people either love it or hate it. When my buddy got his bike, and wanted a place to get the feel for the bike, I just so happened to remember a nice, big, open, parking lot that belonged to verizon wireless. It's a bit off the beaten path. I found in on a joyride one day. We showed up and there was only one car there. Ended up being the big honcho. I just kinda wandered up to him and as politelyu as possible said "sir, sorry to bother you, but would you mind if my friend and I messed around in the parking lot?" he just smiled and said "messed around huh?". I grinned and nodded. He said "yea sure, knock yourselves out... just be safe!" Then proceeded to sit there and watch me do wheelies for about 20 minutes. To this day, I still practice there. Also got permission to use the big truckers parking lot next door to it. and if they aren't empty, I have a perfect spot in the middle of NOWHERE. out route 125. every first sunday of the month about 100+ bikes come out and stunt. The cops show up and watch. Don't care at all. It's about a 3 mile stretch of flat, perfectly paved, straight road. And the way to get there is the best twisty road in the area. So it's a damn good time all around. Guess that pretty much sums it up.

~

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
jab

Well I had an abandoned air strip that was perfect, but then a bunch of morons on bikes and cars, started coming to watch, got all excited and decided to go(TRY) to put on a show in town, the cops decided that those of us who had been riding there responsibly, with permission were the root of this evil and shut it down. this was a government owned airstrip, but the caretaker let us use it as long as we didnt do burnouts, something else that the fairweather users of our privelidge didnt take seriously. Not that i dont do my share of stupid shit on the street, but i have some discretion. Now ive moved and have no spot, so im on a search. If you get a spot, treat it like youre own, respect the wishes of those letting you use it, and keep it quiet, or it wont last. Good Luck!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:38 AM

The easiest way to lose a spot is to not respect it. You bring your friends to watch you show off. No biggie right? Till they get tired of all the girls watching YOU and decide it would be a good idea to take thier pos mustang and do donuts and leave clouds of smoke. This is how I lost my last spot. Now, myself and my roommate are the only ones who go there. I don't do burnouts there (tires aren't cheap) and I won't use the lot unless it's completely empty. It's a respect thing. If you respect the lot, act mature, and show that you appreciate the person being nice enough to LET YOU use THIER lot... you'll keep it a lot longer. Also I found that christmas cards and random thank you's and car washings are greatly appreciated!

Just a quick thing to throw out there as well... As crazy as this may sound. Try going to your local police station. find the coolest officer you can. and say "sir, here's the deal. My friends and I prefer to be law abiding citizens... which I'm sure you appreciate. And we are getting into the SPORT of motorcycle stunting (yes, it really is a sport now!!! WOOHOO). We were wondering if there was anywhere you would suggest for practicing. Or if there is anywhere that you would definately NOT want us to be."

So on and so forth. This displays maturity. Cops like mature people. Something as brazen as walking into the cop shop and asking for a stunt spot gets around the station quickly. and the next thing you know, all the cops know you. Sounds bad right? wrong. I did it. ended up getting another spot. and being friends with most of the local pd. Even gotten a few friends out of tickets because of it. Cops aren't bad people. They just have a bad wrap for a shitty job. Try it. If it doesn't work... you haven't lost anything. BUT if it does... then you got a spot, and some new friends. Just my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode