For those of you who stunt - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

For those of you who stunt

For those of you who stunt, im talking like parking lot stunts and stuff.....how did you guys go about getting into it..did you j ust start by gearing your bike waaaaaay down first or waht
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 PM

Re: For those of you who stunt

Quote:
Originally posted by Yosh750
For those of you who stunt, im talking like parking lot stunts and stuff.....how did you guys go about getting into it..did you j ust start by gearing your bike waaaaaay down first or waht
I'm guessing I'm the only one who will answer your question on this one. haha. I am the super . I started out on back roads. Just tryin to gun it up. Knew how to do them on dirtbikes and whatnot so I just went out and started. Started in 1st gear. Until I got used to it commin up. Then started in second. Then learned standups. Once I got standups in second, I started learning them in 1st. Then just kept starting at a slower and slower speed. This right here is the reason that clutching up a wheelie is better than powering. I can pull a wheelie up from a complete stand still and roll it out. Which is important when doing parking lot stuff. I suggest finding a nice large parking lot.. like real big. Or a really big empty back road. Lower the pressure in your tire a bit. Like 25 psi tops. gear up, and check out the little "how to" write up I did. If I remember correctly I went through a the basic wheelie and all that. If you have any questions don't hessitate to ask. Good luck and enjoy!

~ the super

P.S. If you really want to get into lot stunting, or stunting in general. I suggest a cage. Definately! If you're interested, let me know... I'll get you some info.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Oh...yeah my crash cage from Freestyle injenuities should be here on the 20th....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yosh750
Oh...yeah my crash cage from Freestyle injenuities should be here on the 20th....
great choice!! You'll like it. Make sure to keep an eye on the bolts in the engine mounts. The have a tendency to vibrate loose. And if they aren't tight they bend the bolt or the mount. Also, keep an eye on the bar that goes through under the oil filter. After a few hard bangs it tends to bend a bit, and can sometimes snap off the oil filter. All in all though it's a great cage! Enjoy and be safe!

~ The super
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:32 AM
jab

My experience is similar to roadstains. I just started practicing basic wheelies, stoppies, burnouts and progressed with practice. If you go crazy with gears before you have the basics down it might make it harder, cause the bike is twitchier and you need more throttle control. Find a legit spot, were youre gear and take it one step at a time, you will not get it down over night no matter what you do to youre bike so just take it slow and be happy with the progress you are making.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode