2nd gear power wheelie - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

2nd gear power wheelie

Maybe someone with a gsxr 750 could help me with this.....seems as though the only time i can do i a power wheelie in 2nd is when im around 10k rpms...i dropped a tooth on the front sprocket.....roll on the throttle......drop it so the front compresses then open it up again while pulling hard up on the bars...i get maybe a foot and a half in the air help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:03 AM

You should be able to do it no problem. You probably just need to lean back more. When I was learning I found it easier to clutch up a wheelie in 2nd while sitting. I also have one down on the front sprocket and have no problem. Just be real careful.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

about leaning back more...your right..i notice when i do it i kindo lean foward and pull the handle bars right up toward my neck..

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Don't pull on the handle bars. Pulling on the handle bars often causes you to shift your weight, body position, and turn the bars. This results in the bike comming up at a weird angle. Also begs for a loop cause you're focusing more on tugging and bouncing and all that than you are on covering the brake. My suggestion is to clutch it. Lock your knees on the tank, lock your elbows out. and just clutch away. If it doesn't come up, just give it some more revs. Cover the brake, and don't go big at first. Take baby steps. Slowly increase the revs. Don't watch, listen. You'll catch on. Take it easy and make sure you gear up. Good luck.

~The super .

(Damn... everyone loves pow pow power wheelies.)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:34 PM

I would suggest learning to clutch it. I first learned doing little 1st gear power wheelies. Then learned how to clutch second. After that came all of e real cool stuff naturally.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Road stain... how far are you from Pgh? I could use some pointers from you it sounds like. Shoot me a message if your ever around bike night at quaker steak or hooter's.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 PM

I might be headed out to thinder in the valley. Gotta see about the whole work situation first. If I can get out that way I would be more than happy to show you a few things. But, I can show you anything, YOU are the one who has to do it. And it takes practice. So don't get frustrated right away. I'm still learning and workin on gettin stuff on lock. But I love it. If I make it out that way I'll be sure to let you know. We'll go tear up some burg streets... not that they need any help. Those roads blow!

~ the super
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 AM

Word, that sounds pretty good, Thunder in the valley... is that the one that they have on sunday's at the Boardwalk or am I mistaken? I'm not quite sure where Bloomsburg is but I'd be willing to take a ride out if it means some free tutelidge. I went to Starboyz wheelie school a few weeks ago and was thinking about taking their advanced course but it's $450/ day. The first school was worth every penny though. The only thing is what happens if/when i drop it and have to ride back with some road rash... ouch.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy2758
Word, that sounds pretty good, Thunder in the valley... is that the one that they have on sunday's at the Boardwalk or am I mistaken? I'm not quite sure where Bloomsburg is but I'd be willing to take a ride out if it means some free tutelidge. I went to Starboyz wheelie school a few weeks ago and was thinking about taking their advanced course but it's $450/ day. The first school was worth every penny though. The only thing is what happens if/when i drop it and have to ride back with some road rash... ouch.

Thunder in the valley is the northern equivelant of daytona beach bike week. it's a weekend with upwards of 100,000 bikes pouring into the shitty little town of johnstown. Which is about 15-20 minutes from pitt I believe. Mostly a chopper thing, but the sport bikes have been making their presence felt in the past few years. I have some old army buddies who live out that way who invited me.

As far as the advanced school goes. You have to supply your own bike. and if you haven't mastered standups yet... don't waste the 450 bucks. That school is to help you get highchairs, spreaders, and circle wheelies. I would try to find some guys in your area who stunt. I know a few guys out that way who would be more than happy to help you out. Its all practice and seat time man. You'll get the hang ouf it. You just gotta be patient and keep practicing. If you do decide to take the advanced class. Get a cage for your bike. You'll need it. Hell get one anyway. You'll need it. Also, bring the bike in a truck. You'll be sore after the end of the day and you won't want that long ass ride home... if the bike can even make it. Should you truly desire to make the 3 hour trip to bloom, I'd be happy to try and give you some pointers. Good luck and be safe!

~ the super
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM

Damn i didn't realize it was that far... The thing i was thinking of is called thunder in the strip which is in the strip district of Pittsburgh - that's what threw me off. J-town is like 2 hours or maybe more from here but I'll look into it and if I roll out that way I'll shoot you a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode