Katana 600 Stuntbike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Katana 600 Stuntbike?

I'm looking at getting a 2nd ride to learn how to do some stunting activities and then eventually giving it to my brother. I found a 1997 Katana 600 for $2000. Is that bike adequete for stunting, and considering it needs new rubber is it worth $2K? Sorry if this is a trivial question, but you guys (and gals) seem to give good advice on various topics. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:27 AM

I don't stunt bikes, but Katanas are pretty heavy, and the front suspension on those get easily ruined from wheelies. Early 90's Honda CBR is a much better bet. It's not a popular stunt bike at all.

However, $2K is decent...it's what I sold my 97 for a few months ago, with 16K miles and a scraped fairing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 05:33 PM

I had a Katana. The weight, long wheelbase, and skinny rear tire made it difficult, but not impossible to wheelie. It was easy to do burnouts and donuts on though. It was probably the rider and not the bike's fault.

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 05:49 PM

Horrible idea. The can-o-tuna is junk for stunting. If you want to learn, get something you can actually wheelie. Look on a bunch of stunt sites and ebay. Or try a salvage auction. Thats the best way to get a bike for stunting. Old Honda cbr's are GREAT bikes. They're bulletproof and can be found very cheap. as well as parts. Get a cage for it though. Gear it and rock it. Good luck and have fun! Gear up and ride it high!!

~ The Super
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I called the guy and told him I wasn't interested in the bike anymore. I'll keep an eye out for a cbr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode