Just got sprockets!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Just got sprockets!!

Im very excited. I just ordered some sprockets for my ZX-6r the other day. I should get them in on Mon or Tue. I bought them from www.thestuntfactory.com Called them up, told them I was a beginer and what I wanted to do and they hooked me up. Very nice guys and was willing to talk to me on the phone for quite some time about everything. I ended up getting a Stage II stunt sprocket kit. Front -1 Rear +2 and a chain. Cant wait to start riding wheelies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Umm.. If all you are doing is -1 front +2 rear there is no need for a new chain..

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:53 PM

You could have just gotten another link. But what chain did the hook you up with? TSF is good people. Good with shipping too. Hope you like your new setup.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:02 PM

I thought you didn't need a new chain only if you went -1 and +3 rather than -1 and +2. I was interested in getting a sprocket kit as well because i figured that losing some top speed is no big deal since I'll never reach it anyways. I went to the Starboyz wheelie school a week ago and it was the shit!!! I can ride them pretty good in first doing throttle wheelies but i'm still learning how to clutch it up. Can't seem to get the hang of clutching it up in 2nd at all and to do a good throttle wheelie in first i gotta be doing about 40 or so and I want the sprocket kit so that i can bring it up easier at slower speeds. A lot of people have said not to bother with a sprocket kit though until I get pretty good at doing them without it and I think i'm getting to that point. Anybody have some advice on learning stand-ups??
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:35 PM

I hear good things about the starboys school. I was talkin to scott and thew a while back about it. Just kinda curious if they thought they were stealing peoples money. Thew put a good thought in my head. He said "at first, yea, I thought it was a crime to take that much money from someone for so little. But the, when you see a guy who can't even get the front up an inch... doing 1/4 wheelies after a day of practice... it makes it all worth it. And they'll tell you the same thing."

Ok, back on target. Sprockets are good for stunt bikes. If you have a stunt bike, do it up. As far as your daily streetbike. I wouldn't suggest it. It makes the temptation even greater. And thats when you get into trouble. Trust me, I know. You can do any wheelie you want with stock setup. Bigger sprockets just help with slower wheelies and tank wheelies. So, until you get into them, or unless you have a huge craving for sick accelleration, I'd say hold off. Good luck either way.

~ the super
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 12:50 PM

Venom Sprockets

I'm on vacation in FLA and met the owner of Venom sprockets at a bike show. His manufacturer and machinist is a good friend's father - Anthony DiGiorgio. The sprocket has the sweetest look to it like none I've seen anywhere online. It's anodized so it has a black finish and has the venom logo all over it. They sponsor Kyle Woods and Todd Colbert - some pretty serious stunt riders. The sprockets are quality and they gave me one to try out. I'm rode another bike with one on there and the power transfer to the rear wheel was amazing. Check out their sites:

www.clearwaterbiker.com

http://venomsprockets.com

Let me know what you guys think... I'll forward any feedback to the machinist and owner good or bad... I'm sure they'd like to hear what people are saying about their product. As of now they only make rear sprockets but were debating doing a front as well. I'd also really like to hear if any of you already have a venom sprocket and how it's working.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 12:14 PM

My gixxer has a +20 rear sprocket from venom... awesome!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 07:16 AM

The one they gave me is a 55 tooth I think. I'm not sure what the stock is on my '02 gix 750
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 08:36 AM

Im pretty sure the stock rear sprocket has 45 teeth
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yosh750
Im pretty sure the stock rear sprocket has 45 teeth
Yuppers. + 10 is a really good stunt setup to start with. You'll like it once you get used to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode