Bike Protection - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Bike Protection

Does anyone use engine bars or a cage or somthing to protect there bike, tell what you use and how well it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Racing 905, Freestyle Ingenuity, MXD (moto extreme designs) Powers bikeworks, There's a bunch of different companies. Those are the best. I'm a big fan of MXD and Freestyle ingenuity

Freestyle ingenuity Is a great cage. Not too bulky. Made of chomoly steel. And... if you like to hit the twisties a lot, you can take the loop off and it's just a set of frame sliders then. It's great.

MXD has a track and a stunt cage. Both are great (better than 905 cause you don't hit your shins... and you can put sliders on them so it doesn't dig into the pavement and make the bike flip) The track cage is compact and strong... and can still be ridden on the twisties with no problems (For the most part).

DON'T... and I mean do not... buy one of those crap cages off ebay. Remember... you get what you pay for. And while the ones I listed may be more pricey, they're well worth it! Nothing will completely protect your bike. But a cage is the best way to go. If you have any questions... just holler.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 07:30 AM

I just bought at 99 yzf600r. I know its not a good stunting bike because of the wieght but I was wondering if a cage is a good idea just incase i drop it. I was looking at the Freestyle Ingenuity as per roadstains suggestion, but they dont have the 600r. Will the R6 cage fit the 600r?

EDIT: my mistake, they have a cage for the 600r in the works it looks like from their webpage, or atleast they have sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode