Stoppies - Adjust suspension? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Question Stoppies - Adjust suspension?

Here's the deal, I learned how to ride/stunt on an F4I, I could wheelie a bit and do stoppies. I recently am the proud owner of a 929 now. Had to relearn wheelies and just can't seem to get stoppies in the air. Could this have to do with my compression and rebound on my front forks ? Is it better to be way stiff for stoppies? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 04:36 AM

Dont bother tweaking the suspension for stoppies. It might make sence to do it if you were trying to pull some 500 yard craziness, but your bike can do a regular stoppie without help.

Check your system, make sure its bled. Make sure your brake pads have plenty of life left (almost dead pads act funny).
Ride around the block with your front brake on (not locked) get the tire warmed up and... well you know the rest.

*Clank, chainsnap noise*

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 AM

f4i forks are pretty shitty for stoppies actually. Most of the stunters I know have f4i's swap them out for a 954 or 929 front end. Stock settings for them are just fine. It's probably your technique. (not trying to insult you). Make sure you preload the forks before popping the front brake. That way there's no suspension travel left and the reas has no choice but to come up. Squeeze the tank with your knees, keep your arms straight, pick your ass up off the seat and lean foreward a bit as you snap the brake in... it'll come up. I promise. Just be careful you don't flip it. That shit hurts! Good luck and enjoy! If you have any questions... just ask

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode