Oil Pick up relocator - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Oil Pick up relocator

I saw in a previous thread about an oil pick up relocator to solve the problem with oil starvation during wheelies. I have a 2001 GSXR 750. I am aware of the problem but don't know if I should get one. My question is, will the relocator kit have any negative effects for regular street riding? I would hate to damage my bike, I do a lot of street riding. I told myself the first warm day I came across that I wasn't going to stunt this season, but I can't resist the ocassional 12 O'Clock I was also wondering where I could buy the oil pickup. The stuntex site doesn't seem to be working. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 11:33 AM

Yes, you can do all your street riding with the pickup. All it does is "relocate" the pickup to the rear of the pan. Honda's have them in the middle/rear... but for some reason the gixxers have them up front. So, when you pick the front wheel up, all the oil goes to the rear of the pan, and you starve, and your engine goes boom. Not cool. I have one on my gixxer, and it works great. I park it at 12 and do burnouts... no problems. It all depends on how long you're doing them for and if you plan on doing bar tricks. Overfill your oil 1/2 a quart for starters. I checked the site... comes up "forbidden" for some reason. Not sure what the deal is with that. I talk to some guys who know the owner. I can probably get you one, or figure out what the deal is. I'll see what I can do. Enjoy your whoooooolies. I'm gonna go make some!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

I found one to buy from a friend of a friend. Here is a pic. Is this the right item? I don't know if it should be angled differently. I would like to get this for insurance reasons. I try not to stunt my bike too much.. I just rebuilt the whole thing during the winter after I was struck by an old lady driving a car. I ended up breaking both my arms, but I am not looking to rebuild my bike again due to burning up a motor. I don't do bar tricks, but occasionally will pull a balance point long wheelie. I have heard of the trick of slightly overfilling the oil and have been doing that. Let me know if that is the right item. I have found pictures of ones online that look similar but are not exact. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b2_1_b.jpg (5.8 KB, 52 views)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Looks about right. Should do the trick for what you need. As long as you're not goin for miles, you'll be fine.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

OK thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode