Are these Videos worth the money?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Are these Videos worth the money??

Hey Stunters,
I'm about to purchase the dvd's...

Wheelies
-Advanced Wheelies
-Stoppies
-Burnouts
-Acrobats

Has anyone seen, heard, used these dvd's???
Please let me know before I spring for them...

Here they are

http://www.levelxvideo.com/

thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 11:18 PM

I have them... and they are full of good information. Kyle is the MAN when it comes to stunting. 1096,triple extreme, who else would you want to learn from! I was pretty into the stunt scene and able to do most of the tricks they were covering. But even so I found it to be good information. You can probably get that information here, or on other forums for free, but seeing it helps a lot. For the price they offer for the video's, I say it's worth it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadStainR6
I have them... and they are full of good information. Kyle is the MAN when it comes to stunting. 1096,triple extreme, who else would you want to learn from! I was pretty into the stunt scene and able to do most of the tricks they were covering. But even so I found it to be good information. You can probably get that information here, or on other forums for free, but seeing it helps a lot. For the price they offer for the video's, I say it's worth it.
thanks dude...
I ordered the 2 that are available just now...
How long have you been stunting, does it takes years and years to be able to so some of this stunts with confidence and control?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 11:52 AM

I've been riding for quite a while... stunting for a little over a year. I can do sit downs, standups, spreaders, highchairs, can can's, stoppies for 100+ feet, one handed stoppies, highchair/crossover stoppies, 180 stoppies, 12 0'clock, ape hanger, and every burnout you can think of. a bunch more. Learned them all in a little over a year. I'm workin on scraping highchairs and spreaders. Honestly, it takes about 40 percent skill and 60 percent balls. Most of the stuff you will learn in the vids is accomplishable for any average rider. BUT... and I stress this... BE CAREFUL. and don't get frustrated. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 6. Done a bunch of freestyle stuff, so jumping around on a bike and actin a fool are nothing new to me. If you don't have much experience, don't try to jump into things. Take it slow. it's better to learn slow then it is to push the limit and end up losing months of riding because of injury. With that said... you're going to wreck. I don't care who you are or how good you are. I wreck at least 3 times every time I go out. Most of the time it's nothin. I'll flip a stoppie and manage to bail out of the way of the 12 bar. I'll be tryin to learn circles and highside out. It's addicting though. You will be called a squid and you will be made fun of by the better portion of people on here more than likely. But if you like it . Fu(k it. Do it. Just be prepared to break stuff... including you! In the end... The feeling you get rockin out on a bike is priceless, so I say it's worth it. Sorry, I went off on a little rant.

To answer your question short and sweet, Yes. it takes some time. But stay at it. Wear your gear, DON'T practice on the damn highway! and get a cage for your bike. The videos go through bike setup, and a pretty good overview on how to do the trick. It is a little on the lame side, but kyle is a funny dude. and these guys are the best. If you ever need any help with anything don't be afraid to give me a holler

the SBW
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey Bro, they havn't shipped my vids yet, did it take a while to get them????

Also to RoadStainR6,
Is Suzuki ok to stick with as i progress and get better or do you recommend trying other bike, any in ones come to mind?

like for instance I was thinking about the GS500 for my First SPort Bike, then after I max that out for I would say maybe a year...I could move up to a gixxer 600?

Is that what you would do??

Last edited by iammalkavian; 03-30-2005 at 09:30 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 11:50 PM

Yea, they had to go through a bunch of legal bs with the vids. Had liability problems to begin with. Also, the movies were originally called "stunting from dummies". From, covered thier problem with liability, as stunting is not safe, or technically legal, they couldn't show you a "how to" video... instead they made it a "how we do it" video... that you can mock. Same thing... different play on words. Makes it legal.

Then some schmuck had to go and throw a fit about the resemblence to the "--- FOR Dummies" resemblance. Claiming it was copyright infringement and could portray a negative view of the originall company. So, again, Gorka and Woods had to change everything. They had to have all the movies redone, renamed, and reprinted. Thus was born level x video. Which is what you will be getting.

So yea, they are still playing catch up due to the problem with having to redo the orders. Lots of movies to make. They ship them out as soon as they get them. But to be safe, go ahead and send them an email with all your info... it usually helps speed things up.

As far as the bike goes. Don't waste your time with the GS500. Get the gixxer. BUT... and I stress this. Learn to ride before learning to stunt. and don't buy new if you plan on stunting. You WILL wreck. Everyone does... it's inevitable. Kyle woods still wrecks, and so does Gorka. Everyone wrecks... and everyone breaks stuff. So don't buy new. Plus the new gixxers suck for stunting. Weak ass subframes, and a few other things. Still a good bike though. I would look into a 2001-2003 Gixxer 6. Awesome bikes for everyday riding, and incredible stunt bikes. Get a cage for it. Definately worth every penny as you will be laying the bike over and wrecking. It will save you lots of costly repairs. If you're into glamma and looks... stunting probably won't be for you. As most bikes the belong to stunters are beat. You might want to gear it... but if you're just getting into it, don't worry about that just yet. also don't rule out the possibility of other bikes. My choices for stunt bikes would be as follows...

1. Honda 954/929
2. Honda F4i
4. GSX-R 750 (600 or 1000 also acceptable)
5. Kawi 636

The F4i and Gixxer being the most affordable. Parts are everywhere for them. Be sure to fill your oil 1/2 quart over, and pick up a stuntex oil pickup if you plan on getting really into stunting. Wear your gear, take it slow, and have fun. But most of all... be safe. It takes practice. and it's scary, but it's so worth it. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

You're friendly SBW
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Dude, If you havent beer riding yet, dont worry about stunting. Give yourself a season to just get the hang of riding the thing on two wheels before you start getting on one. There is enough to figure out without any complications.

Keep us posted

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 12:44 PM

Yea definately learn to ride first. My roommate wouldn't listen to me. He got his first bike this past summer (an 04 R6) and it has seen the ground more than anything. He shows off on gravel covered corners and lays it over, he tries to do stoppies and the front end washes out on him. He couldn't even ride... and was tryin to do stuff on it. Def learn your basics and then some before tryin to rip it up on 1 wheel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode