setting your bike up for stunting - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

setting your bike up for stunting

I am interested in stunting. I was wondering what the bike setup should be. I know that sliders are a good investment to say the least. And smashing the tank in is a must.

What else should one do to prepare the bike for stunting?
BTW, if this has been posted before, I'm sorry.
Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 12:30 PM

Sprocket change helps,
Cages are good, but they turn your bike into a stunt only machine
Also might want to consider removing the fairings and anything else that could break and you dont want to replace.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to OneKneeDown
Quote:
And smashing the tank in is a must.
goddamn, i would hate to be your bike.

1997 Chevy S10ss (sold)
1995 Eclipse GS-T (sold)
1998 Yamaha Zuma(retired)
1978 Honda CB750four (project cafe-racer)
1990 Silverado Z71 White Lightnin!

"young kids... old school." a mans outlook on Chris (Xx954HxCafexX) and I pulling up on the old (yet still very badass) Hondas.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 10:36 PM

First go get a full frontal labotomy and then put a rear scrape bar like the guys who cant ride do and then put a cage around for when it busts your ass then sign up for a whole life policy with me as beneficiary Ill make first payment. J/K

kinda
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 10:38 PM

Dont forget to read this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5114squids.jpg (34.3 KB, 118 views)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 04:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Most of the people on here are safe riders not really into stunting. Me, I am in to the ride and not the stunt. But if you are going to stunt...ah, heck. Nevermind...maybe the question should be how to not be a squid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 07:06 AM

First of all, he posed this question in the STUNTING FORUM....stop flaming him

I just like to start shit...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM

I agree...if you don't like stunting, don't come here.

C-Ya...Skiv

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Re: setting your bike up for stunting

Quote:
Originally posted by bing_tx
I am interested in stunting. I was wondering what the bike setup should be. I know that sliders are a good investment to say the least. And smashing the tank in is a must.

What else should one do to prepare the bike for stunting?
BTW, if this has been posted before, I'm sorry.
Thanks a lot
Now, onto the question at hand. If you are talking about denting in your tank, then I am guessing you want to do the slower, more controlled stunts; and not the highway stuff. So congrats for taking it off the street, that should make a bunch of the guys who just posted in here happy...makes you a non-squid.

First of all, it is better to have a purpose built stunt bike, cuz if you wreck your street bike, then you are gonna be pissed when you can't ride to work and such. Get a good used bike. F4I, ZX6, 929, 900RR, Gixxer6...they all make good stunt bikes. I hear the Suzuki's aren't as durable in a crash. I bought a totaled ZX6R with a salvage title. I just have to trailer it to any spot I stunt at.

Now, gear for the bike...get a cage and 12 bar. Lots of places make them now, check out www.sportbikelinks.net and look under the xtreme section, or check out stuntlife.com. Easier if you take the bodywork off, less to break while you are learning. You don't have to dent your tank, but it makes it easier for some stunts, such as tank stands, and high chairs. I am not going to dent mine...might try some roll on bed liner though!. Later on, you can get a lot fancier with dirt bike bars (more stable), hand brake for rear brakes (more control at 12 o'clock), remote idle (easier for no-handers), and any number of other items that are always being developed in this sport. You can change the sprocket up to about a 72 tooth rear...makes it easier to get it up to the 12 position, but takes a lot of getting used to, or so I hear. Some guys like them, some don't...I haven't tried it yet.

Gear for you...make sure you wear it...helmet, jacket, gloves, and back protector minimum! Even at 15 mph you can get messed up. Maybe not as bad as 140, but if the bike lands on your head....need I say more. I wear full gear at all times, seems I like my skin where it is.

And for you guys hating the sport, leave it alone. No reason to come to a thread and flame a guy who is willing to try something new. I road race, drag race and stunt, and don't do any of it on the street. That's what tracks and private lots (with permission) are for.

Plain and simple, you don't like it, there are plenty more threads and forums to go to. Bye

C-Ya...Skiv

Last edited by ZX636skiv; 03-14-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode