stunts with cbr 600 rr - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

stunts with cbr 600 rr

planing on buying a cbr 600 rr. how are the rr doing with stunts?
also when are the 2005 models coming out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 05:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
(taken from the Starboyz board, from one of the Starboyz)

Quote:
Originally posted by StarboyKevin
It wheelies great scott and me rode one for a couple hours.The only thing we didnt like is the motor blew.
(Not a Starboy in the pic but proof...)

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.

Last edited by wantanaprilia; 06-06-2004 at 05:10 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

rr

so it not a good idea to buy one?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 10:27 AM

I'd get a gsxr750 instead
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

engine

which engine is better? suzuki or honda?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 01:02 PM

Re: rr

Quote:
Originally posted by david8120
so it not a good idea to buy one?
If you know the Starboyz, you know they beat the piss out of their bikes. They now have a sponsor, they got a 954, gix1000, and aprilia (sold), and I think the 954 is on its 3rd-4th motor. I`m an avid suzuki fan (contrary to my screen name), but if you want a serious stunt bike, honda is the way to go, IMO.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.

Last edited by wantanaprilia; 06-07-2004 at 06:40 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 05:24 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Thumbs down

Not to piss on your parade here, but aren't you a brand new rider? I'd strongly suggest against a brand new 600RR for that reason alone, but you are also looking to stunt? I see a totaled bike in your future and you being stuck with a huge loan and no bike, or committing insurance fraud and contributing to rising rates. Neither one is very appealing.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

honda or suzuki

i dont want to do a wheeli the first time i ride my bike. im just asking for the future. i went to the bike races down here in miami and i only saw gsx-r. there must be a reason! maybe is because the gsx are cheaper than the hondas. im not sure. but i would like to know why people dont buy cbr 600.

Last edited by david8120; 06-07-2004 at 08:23 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 04:58 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: honda or suzuki

Quote:
i dont want to do a wheeli the first time i ride my bike. im just asking for the future. i went to the bike races down here in miami and i only saw gsx-r. there must be a reason! maybe is because the gsx are cheaper than the hondas. im not sure. but i would like to know why people dont buy cbr 600.
Just about anything on two wheels can do a wheelie. I know some people on here that learned to stunt on a Ninja 250, but that was after riding for a while. It's not something you should worry about learning in the first few years os riding. Don't get me wrong, I think wheelies are bad ass, but the only ones I've ever done were completely accidental and were very small. I would rather learn to ride the bike well rather than stunt it and rash the plastics up. If stunting is something you're really interested in I would still suggest you get an older bike to learn it on, because you will dump it while learning.

As far as why you saw only GSXR's, who knows. The general consensus I've seen on here is that the best all around stunt bike out there is still the CBR 900RR from a few years back. I'm guessing you saw mostly Gixxers because they are well suited to the track, and if it was races you were at then that's pretty self explanatory. I don't think they are any cheaper really, and it could also be dependant on the area. It seems like I only see Suzuki's where I am now, but when I was living near Indianapolis it seemed all I saw were Honda's.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 11:59 AM

Re: honda or suzuki

Quote:
Not too many people stunt 600rrs because of the undertail exhaust, the suspension, and its very leaned forward, in other words, its meant to be a race bike, on the street. You`re right though, alot of people rock gsxrs, but if you start hanging out at stunt spots you`ll see mostly older cbr 600s, 900rrs, 954s, f4i`s. Hondas can be beat to death and not show any signs of it. As for the price... shop around, I bet I could find atleast 10 cbrs in the "stunting price range" quicker than GSXRs. As spicersh said, ANYTHING can be stunted, its just how well it`ll take to it, and what your preference is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode