wheelie a honda vfr 750 how? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

wheelie a honda vfr 750 how?

can anybody wheelie a honda vfr 750 94 in second gear, in first it is no problem but you cant wheelie that far in first so i want to bring it up in second is it possible???????

has anybody done it.

also i just got new tires so maby when i get my bike back i can do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:49 AM

I was confused as to which post I should reply to. Next time, post once.

As for wheelies, I would just clutch it up, or go buy a better bike for that kind of stuff. I hope you are keeping it off the streets.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

ha sorry for all the post, but is it possible to bring it up in second, like have you ever seen or heard of anybody doing it. also im going to get a 2002 954 in a month but i want to wheelie the vfr now

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

anybody?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 08:48 PM

Why for crying out loud for the bikes were never designed to be doing wheelies or stoppies on public roads!!!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 05:38 AM

Ya know, if they can wheelie a Gold Wing what are you whining about? Don't bother being an a$$ trying to wheelie. How about riding like someone who knows what they are doing?

CbrBob
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 06:57 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Got rid of the duplicate posts and moved this one into the Stunting forum, hopefully someone will have some constructive advice since it's in the proper place now.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Lifetime Premium

If bikes weren't designed to wheelie, then how come they do it under their own power with nothing more than straight throttle? I think you're kidding yourself, Smitty.

The VFR will wheelie in 2nd albeit a bit heavy of a bike to be doing so. You have to pull the clutch in at low Rs and let it out hard in the meat of the torque range. A buddy of mine has a VFR (Don't know exactly what year but it's close to 94 - it might even be a 94) and with some heavy clutch work he can bring it up and ride it out.

If you want to know where to clutch it, look at a dyno chart for your bike. See where the torque increases the most over the shortest span of RPM. The beginning RPMs of where that occurs is where you what to dump the clutch. So basically pull the clutch in at about 3000 RPMs before the max torque indicated by he dyno, the rev it up to the RPM where your strong torque is measured and let out the clutch.

Be forewarned using the clutch in this manner is tough on the bike. You'd be better off learning to shift from 1st to 2nd with the front wheel in the air. There are tons and tons of threads on wheelies and how to do them on ANY bike. Do a search.

Make sure you practice in a secluded area and wear your gear!!

Good luck and be careful!
Chris

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

thank you for the reply i will try what you said.. and to everbody who was bashing me before.... what is the point? i just needed some advice not some bs responce.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 05:07 PM
jab

yeah listen to chris_y2k_r1, as this is great advice. I have no experience with a vfr, but if done right im sure its possible, how long have you been riding? You may be fighting it more than you should subconciously!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode