R6 vs rx7 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

R6 vs rx7

what yall guys think a 00 R6 with a slip on exhaust vs a 93 rx7 with some work done to it.... probly around 350hp at the wheels

50mph roll on?

80mph roll on?

100mph roll on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Springdale
I feel Iím fully capable of a R6.

Please give me some reason why Iím not.....

Is this thread reason enough?

P.S- Racing isn`t a stunt.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 09:29 PM

350hp??? Unless you're a PROFESSIONAL rider dont even think about touching it. If you think you're capable of handling an R6, you're not.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

y is it not takes alot of skill to race and plus the drag racing isnt very popular

rx7 w/350rwhp

and i just wanted to see what yalls thoughts were cuz theres this r6 that wants to race my bro.....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:10 PM

i raced a juices camaro ss, w/ an LS1 from a 70 mph roll-on, & i was impressed by the car a little, but def. didnt beat my bike ..
i have a 94 zx7r w/ slip on, k&n, & jetkit
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 10:37 PM

Ah. I see. You're just curious about the bike vs a car and I'm thinking R7, not RX-7. Put it this way, on my F4i I've beat a dodge viper twin turbo with no problems. If its not a 6 digit car, it wont beat a modern, stock, 600. (nitrous cars excluded)
For the most part cars only have us on top speed.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

yeah thats y i was asking about it on a roll on cuz theres no way a car would have a chance the other way but idk itll be close once the fella down the street gets his bike out for the summer
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 PM

are you sure it takes 6 digits to beat a 6hun. I've seen some ballsy supras and things of that nature that didn't take too much money to build
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:43 PM

The 6 figure thing is a rule of thumb. I know there are plenty of cars out there that can beat a 600cc supersport, but overall they are incredibly few and far between.
For my area I know of 2 cars that didnt cost mondo money MSRP that can for sure do it. One is a sponsored demo car the other is an old muscle car, mad max style. Showed off for one of my friends on the freeway one time. He was on a 600 ninja with about a 20mph head start. The guy punched the throttle. My friend didnt even bother to try to keep up. Some rich, old, happy guy.
If you want a better firgure I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find a car that would cost less that 50k, list price with labor, to build that could run the sub 3 second 0-60 and 10 second range 1/4 mile.
Different worlds though. My little rocket cost less than 10 grand and I'd take a ride on it over a ride in a million dollar car.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally posted by vigis
Ah. I see. You're just curious about the bike vs a car and I'm thinking R7, not RX-7. Put it this way, on my F4i I've beat a dodge viper twin turbo with no problems. If its not a 6 digit car, it wont beat a modern, stock, 600. (nitrous cars excluded)
For the most part cars only have us on top speed.
Hmmmmmmm.... You beat it what.. off the line? I've seen R1s struggle against STOCK vipers - let alone a twin turbo. I'm callin'

As for the RX-7, it all depends. The stock 1993-95 RX-7 (Touring Package) came with twin turbos - One small one for the low revs and a large one for top end. Many quarter mile guys change these out for one large T4/T3 Hybrid turbo. Most likely the R6 should beat RX-7 all around if the rider is good and the RX-7's turbo configuration is still stock.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode