Stunt Question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Stunt Question

I dont realy do alot of stunting becouse I'm young(unexperienceied) and don't see the need do spend 3000 $ on fixin my bike then what ever on a hospital atleast till I'm better at it. Or have that kind of money. So I don't claim to know anything about stunting. But I would like to know about this stunt that I have seen in movies and vidioe games and other stuff. Its like they do a burnout then turn the back end of the bike like 180 degreas or something like that. Its like the wheal slides around or something. And I was wandering can you do this and how hard is it. Also what kind of stuff do I need to do to start practiceing to do some stunts. I mean Ive poped whealies and easy stuff but I mean the harder stuff. Ive been rideing for over 2 and 1/2 years 1 1/2 of it has been on a small dule sport the other on a sv650s and I'm 16. So what should I be able to do with that experaince?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 08:42 AM

hey dude its not what u should be able to do its what ur comfortable doing, im 17 and have been riding since alittle over 13 years old but i still dont stunt much just small stuf wheelies, sit and stand- fast and slow, iron crosses, no high chair i think they are stupid, plus i tried and my weight cracked my wind screen but any way its when u feel ready to try it not ive been riding so long and should be able to there is none of that u have to know your bike and how it responds to you and your every move. and how you respond to it. thats all it is
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 09:18 AM

If your not lookin' to start spendin' money, don't do stunts!! Too much wheeling and learning has cost me fork seals, fairings and new frame sliders. Burn outs cost because of new tires, new clutches, etc.... eventually new Trans. However, it is fun and if you really wanna learn, just start out doin' stationary burnouts.... Grab all the front brake you can give her some gas and, well alot of gas, and pop the clutch, don't slowly let it out, let the sucker go, the rear wheel should not be spinnin' but you shouldn't be goin' anywhere, if you are, UMMM... hold on!! Anyway once you get good at that just plant your feet and shimmy your butt around side to side and you will notice the bike start swayin', carefully too much and it will pull out to the side and you will dump it. Now, you can start tryin' to shift while keep the wheel spinnin', HOWEVER WE DO NOT PROMOTE THIS AT SPORTBIKE WORLD IN ANYWAY, SHAPE OR FORM, but if your gonna do it anyway why not try to help someone make it through safely.... Now that you got shiftin' and swaying, do a stationary BO and slowly let go of the brake, NOT ALL THE WAY, just to you feel the bike start to pull, and try to take baby slides, as I call them, once you get used to this, you can try the movin' Burn outs, GOOD LUCK.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 09:19 AM

OH, PLEASE WEAR A HELMET, GLOVES, A JACKET, SOME BOOTS, AND SOME KNEE PADS,............................."PLEASE"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Everytime I see your avatar I get nervous, DaBatty.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:42 PM

You and me both....................thats a reminder to me!! I got one tooo many tickets, LOL, not a good sign!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 03:03 PM

lol yea well I've only got 1 so far in my car, but I've only had my license for less then a month..I hate to imagine what will happen to me when I get my bike.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 03:13 PM

My user name says it all, although I have tamed quite a bit. I get the bike back in a week, so we'll see what happens then.

The stunt you're talking about is expensive, but easy. I say expensive because until you get it down pat, you're going to go through some rear tires while learning. It's not hard. Just stand up, lean forward over the bars, and then do a burnout. The best way is to do this all gradually. Master stationary burnouts first, then move on to forward burnouts (moving forward), and then you can work on circles. You can do some pretty cool stuff with burnouts. The better guys like to leave art for the cops: they will do a huge burnout in the middle of a typically cop-infested area with a figure of a smiley face or a middle finger. It's pretty funny when you come across one.

Good luck and most importantly: WEAR YOUR GEAR & BE PATIENT!!!!!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 09:48 PM

yeh i feel the same way about stunting, not worth it at all, i really really like people staring at my shiny bike and asking me when did i get it and how nice it looks, i don;t want those comments to end by having a dented gas tank and no fairings, anyway their is one stunt i can;t get out of my head and i have always gawked at before i even wanted to get a bike, and that is endos, how do i even start to learn to do it?

GSX-R 600 alstare
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 03:34 PM

The way to do it is have two bikes, one for stuntin, and one for ridin because you WILL wreck a bike you stunt, or you'll never progress. And a word of caution burnouts are addictive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00471.jpg (54.9 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode