Torque movie sneak preview warning sensless action - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Torque movie sneak preview warning sensless action

Yeah ummm. from what i have heard from someone who saw teh sneak preview, if you have the want to see the movie, for the love of god dont she says! its 1 hour 18 mins of physics impossiblilties. And yes SHE does ride! bikes gain air only to avoid objects yet without the benefit of ramps! stoppies on dirt! yeah but hey if yer not expecting much you could enjoy it. not a really deep storyline either. the bikes are cool! its fast and the furious on bikes. right down to the line "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"! yes they say that! well i will still go see it if only to see the visuals and bikes but damn i had high hopes for it! ohh well thats my

Last edited by KatanaSpeed; 01-16-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:10 AM

i agree, this movie blew...... to much hollywood effects. dont wast
your time
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:18 PM

Since I really dont want too see this movie, I was wondering what bikes were in it? I could have sworn I saw what looked like an Aprilia and a Buell but I only saw those for a few seconds in the commercials on t.v

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 04:54 PM

the only bike that i cared about was the 929. thats the frist bike you see in it and yes i put $20 bucks in the trash for the movie
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the warning, I was planning to go see it tonight. I figured it had to be good after the disappointment that Biker Boyz was.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 03:07 PM

Smile

It wasn't bad, just another action movie.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 06:39 PM

Movie looks stupid as hell. Like the fast and Furious thing, but bikes this time. Thought this was interesting. They are selling the bikes from the movie on e-bay now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Torque

went and saw the movie anyway, hey i have a free connection. yes there is an aprillia 929 even the Y2K !! the bikes were hot but the action sequences were good in the beginning and then went south and were didgitzed sumpin feirce the "chick jousting" scene was really improbable and impossible. the plot was weak and poorly executed. i cant say the movie was bad though, it was entertainging especially when they were racing through the desert and the palm trees on mx bikes with sportbike fairing! gawd does hollywood think were stupid or something? anyone know of any sportbikes with mx suspension travel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode