Not a stunt bike, stop trying! 2 12.50%
Stunt anything, dont matter what! 6 37.50%
Your gonna get hurt, I can feel it! 5 31.25%
STFU and go to sleep! 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Stuntin on 97 Suzuki RF900r

Its a sport touring bike. Only been riding 2 months (total experience 1200 miles hehe). Anyways, went from scared to go over 60 mph, to doing stupid way to fast speeds. After deciding that 130 mph (ok, maybe not fast to some, but for me it is faster than Ive been in a car) is too dangerous (speed kills right?), been trying to stunt.

Went from deciding it was impossible to do anything, to bouncing a wheelie in 1st (heavy bike and 18k miles on it), to dropping a tooth in the front and now can easily semi-goose it in 1st at 4k to pull it up. Even doing baby stoppies now

Anyone ever try to stunt on one of these? What do you think? Ive tried to pull it up in second, standing up and compressing the suspension and goosing throttle at the same time all I can do is pull the front up maybe an inch or two (even with the gearing). It seems the bike wants to take off straight not up. I can barely hold on when I try it it accelerates too fast.

Wow, sh!t alotta gibberish. Its late. Tell me what you think. My names Joe by the way, kinda new to the forums, my first post.

Blah Blah Blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 11:05 AM

well first off your stunting a bike there is not a surplus of parts for. If you wreck it it is going to cost alittle more to fix it. If you want to do better wheelies pm I carry aftermarket sprockets and if you put a 530 chain on I can get you up to a 71 rear sprocket stock is 43. That will make it alot easier to bring up. If i was you and you really wanted to stunt sell the bike and buy a f2/f3/f4 or an 900rr you will be a lot better off. And then invest in some fram sliders or a crash cage.

WWW.RRASH.COM
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Ive went a tooth smaller on the front already, I feel you when you suggest a different bike. If you had to chose 1 cheap, good looking, stunt bike what would you get? I dont have the funds (I mean cant convince the wife... ehem...) until at least spring. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this, or another heavy bike.

Blah Blah Blah

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 05:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Quote:
Originally posted by mdvaldosta
cheap, good looking, stunt bike

A what?

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2004, 07:30 PM

Smile

Stunt anything, dont matter what!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 06:18 PM

stunting on heavy bike

Dont worrey about getting another bike the 900 is fine I learned to weelie on a ZR750 that was 80 pounds heaveier and really underpowdered what you need to do is practise pulling it up in first untill you find your ballance point when that happens try to shift to seckond and when you figure that out its all easy streat
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Yea I can hold it all the way through first gear to redline pretty easily (about 90% of the time). Problem I have it shifting to second. Im to scared to get it high enough to hold itself when I shift. Also, Im too afraid to stand up and wheelie. Any thoughts on that?

Blah Blah Blah
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 01:01 PM
jab

Practice... After only 2 months of riding if you can wheelie through first you are progressing quickly, so take it easy and you will get more comfortable. Dont push it to fast, it takes a long time to get comfortable shifting gears, standing up, etc. My advice for your next step would be clutching up 2nd gear sitdowns, if your bike can do it(Im not familiar with the bike but Im sure its possible). 2nd gear wheelies are alot smoother feeling and confidence inspiring than first gear, and you should see a dramatic progression in wheelie control/distance shortly after learning to comfortably cluth up 2nd gear sitdowns. If your more interested in stunting than your top speed than I would advise gearing a little more aggressively as well( couple down up front, couple up in the back) any more than that would be pretty extreme. And last is to be careful. After only 2 months on a bike you are still very inexperienced and have yet to even puncture the surface of your learning curve, so Please take all necessary precautions for yourself and others! Have fun and Happy stunting!!!!!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 06:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Just to add on what jab said, since I didn`t realize you`ve only been riding 2 months EVER... Don`t worry about doing stunts right away, just ride the bike. Once you learn how to ride it as hard as possible and as safely as possible, you`ll start to know how the bike reacts to what inputs you give it, and what other inputs might make it do what when you do certain things. Also, riding a wheelie to redline isn`t really saying much, I can do power wheelies through first to redline, and the wheel is only 6-7 inches off the ground, or I can throttle it up and ride them around 8-9kRPM (redline is 13,500), and the front wheel be no where near the ground...

If you`re determined to do wheelies, with what little experience you have, please don`t do them on the street, since its one thing to ride normal on the street with as little experience as you do, but then to take away your ability to steer if need be, or you accidently give it too much throttle trying to show off for those girls in the car next to you, while theres a car behind you, and you end up looping it, is just asking for trouble.

Oh yeah...COVER THE BACK BRAKE

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

I so my stunting with a friend in a deserted subdivision with new paved roads (no houses built yet and some good straights). I get up fairly high, ride them a pretty good distance, I just have to keep accelerating to hold it. The stoppies are going well too. I got a couple pics to give you an idea.

(I added the caption to demostrate how, on my first real stoppie, I racked my nuts pretty hard!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joe stoppie.psd.jpg (47.9 KB, 174 views)

Blah Blah Blah

Last edited by mdvaldosta; 01-13-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode