STAND UP WHEELIE 3 2.36%
STAND WITH NO HANDS 3 2.36%
OTHER 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
jab

Your First Stunt

What was the first trick you did. Stoppie, Wheelie, Other, on a SPORTBIKE. For me I popped little wheelies first, but I actually learned how to do a decent stoppie first, they just felt more natural to me. It was the same way for me riding freestyle bicycles, I have always been more comfortable on the front tire. Come to think of it I learned frontflips before backflips on a snowboard first as well. For me It seems I am more comfortable revolving frontwards than backwards. Wheelies and stoppies are just half flips anyway, only you half to stay at the balance point as opposed to rotate around it. Fill out the poll and tell about your first stunt experience!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 12:41 PM

Smile

WHEELIE
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 05:38 PM

Jab, I have the exact same story as you. Little popcorn wheelies but stoppies were easier. I'm still working on wheelies. I need to just goose it in second gear. I'm too afraid of what first gear can do

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 01:43 PM

for my FIRST stunt, i was learning how to ride
for my SECOND stunt, i mastered it
for my THIRD stunt, i think i'll get married...NOT

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Wheelies on a ninja 250.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 06:39 AM

Wheelie all the way.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 06:46 PM

stopped burnout is the only thing i've had the balls to try so far

954rr...isn't to difficult breaking the rear loose

rolling burnout is next

did a short wheelie in the parking lot of a gas station 3 days after i got the bike BY ACCIDENT stopped to get gas & the dickhead wouldn't turn on the pump...said i had to prepay it won't hold more than $6 w/ premium!!!!

i got pissed & hit the gass a lil too much & popped the clutch & UP SHE CAME!!! i won't be trying that anytime soon
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:45 AM

Still working on the wheelies. By the way, I was told by a friend at the Yamaha dealor down here that riding a wheelie was kind of like a gyro. With the front wheel spinnning, it causes a gyro effect to help balance the bike. Does anybody know if this is true. He also said that if you let the front end down at, say a hundred miles an hour, after the front wheel stops turning it can knock you over the front end of the bike. Know I do believe this. But the gyro thing, what do ya'll think?

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
jab

I'm not sure about the gyro thing. I guess if you got down to the scietific facts there may be a formula that supports that, and shows mathmatically that it has some affect on the balance. In real world riding though there are so many other major factors such as body position and throttle/brake input that the gyro effect of the front wheel spinning is unnoticable and obsolete. As far as putting the front wheel down at high speeds after it has stopped spinning, it deffinately will let a puff of smoke in the air and lurch the bike slightly, but as long as your bars are straight and your bike is level I would not worry about it ever throwing you off. However if your bars are crossed or your bike is leaning over you are going to have serious problems. Wristbreaking tankslappers being the most common, whether you ride it out or go for a solo flight down the tarmac will be left up to instict and a lot of luck, or lack there of!! It will happens so quick you wont get a chance to think about it, and make any type of pre-meditated decision as to how to survive, You will just react from instinct.. Whether your instincts are correct or not is where practice comes into play. Thats why it is so important to educate yourself on the proven correct ways to ride/race/stunt etc a bike is that so when that day comes that you wont have time to think, your body and mind will be trained from repetition to instictively react in the most effective manner for the situation, and leave you sitting there thinking (What the F#%k just happened, and How the F#%k did I survive???)
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 06:57 PM

my first bike was a katana 600 in 1995 and when i got it, 3 of my buddies got bikes too (all first timers for streetbikes) well we decided to all drive from pensacola out to panama city and pose, we stopped at a burger king, and 3 little kids we're like (hey do a wheelie, do a wheelie) so me being the crowd pleaser i am with my girl on back dumped the clutch almost at redline.....my girls backpack hit the ground, and i slammed on the brakes, of course the kids we're all jumping and yelling, and i waved to them as i drove off, but 10 min later away from burger king, i stopped to check my britches, and proceeded to get the beat down from my girl!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode