rolling burnouts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

rolling burnouts

How? You can see what bike I have, so I know it can do it. I'm just to chickenshit to try without some idea of how. (no not the one where you start out stationary and begin going forward, the one where you are slowly going in first and whack it into a slow, controlled rolling burnout). Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 04:08 PM
jab

The important thing is to get your weight off the back tire, so stand on your foot pegs and slide up on the gas tank as far as you can while keeping your feet on the pegs. your legs should be hugging the gas tank, while keeping your knees slightly bent. Then apply just enough front brake to start slowing you down, (this will also lighten your back end) while you pull in the clutch. Keep your brake on and give it gas, then release your clutch and you will be doing a rolling burnout. The important thing is to put your weight forward on the bike and to give it enough gas to break your back tire free of traction. Not enough gas and you will lurch forward and it is not good, commitment is the key!! And always cover your clutch. This will save your ass!!! Be ready to pull in your clutch if anything goes wrong. Once you do these a couple of times you will catch on really fast, and have a lot of fun!! Also make sure you keep your handle bars straight and your bike as upright as possible, any turning or leaning will slide your back tire out, this is fun once you catch on but not so fun at first, and just remember to start slow(like 5 mph) and work up. At 5 mph all you have to do is pull in your clutch to save yourself, but at higher speed this can cause you to highside!!! Good luck and have fun
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks dude

I guess that's pretty much what was in my head, but it seems to make more sense when put to words.....again, thanks!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 03:30 PM
jab

Hey akcbr
Have you got the rolling burnouts down yet!! Let us know man. I have way to much time on my hands at work and need new posts to read
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

well, sorta.
I get going about 20mph or soooo do everything right and it starts to happen. Then all of a sudden, rear gets squirrley and before I totall lose it, i back off gas, pull clutch in, go forward again and wipe my butt cause i shat myself.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 05:07 PM
jab

akcbr, hey, that sounds familiar. I think this is true with everyone at first. You just need to work on keeping your bars straight and keeping your weight even on both pegs before you get squirelly, Also try to concentrate on keeping even, smooth break pressure. If you are rolling along in your burnout and you apply more break, this will make your back end want to keep moving and pass your front tire(squirely), try to hold on a little longer each time and you will get the feel, this can be corrected by counterstairing. after a few times try moving your bars and the back end will slide back and forth and you will quickly learn to stomp that squirell in his tracks!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 11:31 AM

how do you correctly end a burnout? Should I let off the throttle slowely or just dump the clutch? I have seen videos of people highsiding and it scared me from doing them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:35 PM

burnouts

U can end it by either pulling clutch in or slowly letting off throttle..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode