For anyone within driving distance of NE Ohio - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Smile For anyone within driving distance of NE Ohio

FYI:
Park Cycle of North Canton is having an open house on Sunday, April 6th, 12:00-5:00. The Starboyz are supposed to be performing, as well as several bike contests (including a burnout contest, for those of you that can afford it). Free food, discounts, etc as well. Should be a good time, I'm certainly going to be there. Last year they tried to do this and it was about 38 degrees and raining the whole day, so it sucked, but if the weather is ok this should be a blast! I think their website is www.parkcycle.com, or something like that, if you need directions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2003, 12:30 PM

Thumbs up

Sounds good, but I'm to far. Have fun you guys.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2003, 06:39 AM

I'll be there, as will the majority of the crew from down this way.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2003, 07:14 PM

Count my fuzzy white butt in.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003, 06:09 AM

Damn dude, you got one hell of a ride ahead of you then.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003, 08:33 PM

Yeah, but thats ok. Might just drive up instead of bringing the bike. If I roll on the bike I'm gonna be really temped to see what kind of trouble I can get myself into, and I'm stuck setting on the stunting sidelines for a little longer till the shoulder heals up better. But hey it's all good, should be a fun time either way.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Talking

REVIEW:

The day absolutely rocked!!
The Starboyz put on a great show (actually they did a few shows at different times). Those guys posess more talent in one finger than I have developed ever! Rolling burnouts and doughnuts while sitting on the bars, huge stoppies, 12:00's, one guy even balanced a wheelie with his right (throttle) hand in the air! Now I want to get a bike that I can care as little about as they apparently do, to practice and throw down the road a time or two without breaking the bank.
The burnout contest was interesting, seeing people with too much money burn until they popped, and one moron that apparently didn't realize the existance of any gears higher than 2nd, so burned his tire nearly all the way down while bouncing off the rev limiter the entire time.
If your into purchasing a new bike, the sale prices looked pretty good, but good luck trying to find a unoccupied salesman. It was so crowded that even walking across the showroom was an exercise in manners ("excuse me, pardon me, sorry I didn't mean to grab your a$$")
Unfortunatly the cops were also in full attendance, towing any cars that were parked alongside the road, and waiting for any bikes to leave the parking lot doing anything slightly illegal. Not suprising I guess, given that any bike that has run from them or been reported for stunting was probably in attendance that day.
Congratulations to me for making it all the way home with no black and white type problems (no, I wasn't able to keep both wheels down the whole way, I just got lucky)
Hopfully Park will hold the event a little later in the year next time, as it was a rather cold ride in, and not much warmer leaving.

All in all, highly recomended next year.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:19 PM

All I can say is HOLY SHIT was it cold. I don't think I've ever ridden in weather that cold in my life. But it was pretty cool, my friend got second place in that bike show. I thought the burnout contest was pretty gay, who can't do a burnout when you put you're front wheel up against a building? Of course I couldn't leave without my typical antics, especially after wathcing the boyz do their thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode