No more stunt movies at Cycle Gear. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down No more stunt movies at Cycle Gear.

Walked into Cycle Gear today and there were no stunt movies around. So I went up to the cashier and as what was up. They said they are not going to carry no more stunting movies because of liabilities. Not cool. I usually by my movies online, but when I want one right away, I go there. No mas Cycle Gear for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 06:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Re: No more stunt movies at Cycle Gear.

Quote:
Originally posted by GrCh35
Walked into Cycle Gear today and there were no stunt movies around. So I went up to the cashier and as what was up. They said they are not going to carry no more stunting movies because of liabilities. Not cool. I usually by my movies online, but when I want one right away, I go there. No mas Cycle Gear for me.
They just do not want to cater to that kind of rider. That sucks!

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Smile

What can you do right? To bad there going to miss out on one of the up and coming extreme sports that's going to take america by storm.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Here's what I wrote Cycle Gear.

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
([email protected]) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 at 16:28:08
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

first name: Bee

last name: Cruz

comments: I was sad to see you guys do away with the stunting videos. Now I really don't have a reason to shop with you guys.

Submit: Submit CEO Dave Bertram
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Here's there response.

Bee,

Thank you for your feedback. As motorcycle enthusiasts and employee owners everyone at Cycle Gear takes the long-term health of our sport very seriously which is why we donít feel comfortable selling extreme street videos/DVDs.

Weíve got absolutely nothing against stoppies, wheelies, or stunts or any kind; as a matter of fact some of these guys have truly amazing skills. What we do have a problem with is that these stunts are for the most part performed on public roads and freeways. Not only are these riders breaking the law but they are endangering innocent people as well. Think what that does to the image and future of the sport? Increased law enforcement, higher insurance rates, maybe even laws banning sport bikes altogether are just some of the possible future outcomes.

Trust us, this was a difficult decision, but our passion for sport bikes made it clear that we would have to take a stand on this particular issue. In order to protect your right to ride, we will not sell any video/DVD that depicts blatantly illegal activities. We truly hope that youíll understand and continue to shop at Cycle Gear.

David Bertram

CEO
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 01:10 PM

Sounds pretty honest and stuff to me man. Can't really complain about that too bad. There are a lot of other places to buy 'em.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Smile

I don't know man, I got mixed feeling about it. It takes me back to the mid to late 80's when we had that "skateboarding is not a crime deal going on."
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedboy3
Sounds pretty honest and stuff to me man. Can't really complain about that too bad. There are a lot of other places to buy 'em.
I do agree... honesty rules above all. I give 'em credit. Even if they are candy asses

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 10:04 PM

I'll give them 2 points for being honest and upfront about it. But my 2 cents say this. Dexter Holland from the Offspring said it best, "If it sounds sarcastic don't take it seriously. If it seems dangerous don't try it at home or at all. And if it offends you, simply don't listen to it."

Grow some nuts, take the shrink wrap off your junk, wake up to sniff the race fuel. You can't make everyone happy, so don't fuckin try.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 10:17 PM

I am waiting to see if they pick up the Starboyz Stuntfest video and The XSBA video 110%

Neither of them have street footage, so they have no excuse to not carry them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode