how do you do a burn-out? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2003, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

how do you do a burn-out?

How do you guys get your tire to smoke so much. I try to burn out but my bike just keeps taking off or stalling. I want to sit there and let the smoke roll. So how can this be done??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2003, 05:23 PM

Burnouts

Put the bike in first gear and grab the front brake (hard) while rolling on the throttle. That's about all there is to it.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:28 PM

You've gotta stand up, and take your weight off the bike.

open the throttle up a little, and start letting the clutch out, kinda slowly.

Once it breaks free, just let the clutch out, and modulate the throttle.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Well I tried another burn-out by getting the weight off my bike...the damn thing shot out from underneath me and ended up hitting my car Oh, well maybe I'll just have to see one in person
Old 02-12-2003, 08:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Go buy the star boyz instructional burn out video.

First try them with your feet on the ground(not sitting on the bike), then progressively move to the rolling burn outs.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
Old 05-05-2003, 09:35 PM
dbo

Quote:
Originally posted by the wizz
Well I tried another burn-out by getting the weight off my bike...the damn thing shot out from underneath me and ended up hitting my car Oh, well maybe I'll just have to see one in person
oh shit! haha! not trying to be mean, sorry...i just got a visual of that and i bet it looked funny!

i grab the clutch, and the brake...you can keep the brake pretty much on while still operating the throttle, it doesn't take much to break the tire loose...i stand up, grab break and clutch...start giving it some gas (keeping on the front brake mind you...don't wanna hit any parked cars...yeah) and just let the clutch go...smoke ensues...get on, release the brake gently and tear-ass outta dodge...don't get skurred...as long as you gotta good grip on the bike it aint going anywhere...hope your car and bike are both okay bro...be careful.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:20 PM

How did you do that?! Man, sorry to laugh, but that sounds funny as mookie. Keep trying, but not so hard. It's really not the best stunt.....it's expensive.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:46 AM

Try doing a burnout on the grass or wet pavement for your first one so you can get the feel of it. It might help a bit to make sure the front wheel is secure, like on dry pavement or something.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Quote:
Originally posted by EL_Fudge
Try doing a burnout on the grass
Grass is bad news. The bike will definitely wash out. Wet pavement sounds good though.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
Old 05-06-2003, 05:34 PM

It's really not that hard. I have a 01 gixxer600 and no problem. But my brother and brother in-law have R6 and f4i and nether one can do it. I get on theirs and smoke the sh$t out of there tire. I think the key is to make sure you are up off the seat and mash that front brake hard and roll the throttle and let out. But like I said my brother and brother in-law watch me and still can't do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in