Getting to know one another. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Smile Getting to know one another.

Let's give up some BIO on ourself. Whether your a Stunter or a Stunter fan and what attracked you to stunting. Don't be shy now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Smile I'll be the first.

I'm 31, was born in Jersey City, New Jersey. You do know New Jersey right, home of Ruthless Tactics? At the age of 13 my father moved us to Puerto Rico. My parents divorced and my mother remarried. My mothers husband was the one that got me into riding bikes at the age of 15, been riding since. At the age of 19 I moved to Arizona. It wasn't till last year that I discovered stunting. I had seen stunting in Mission Impossible 2, but didn't really know it was an art till one day I was in a Honda shop looking for a part and saw some movies on the shelf with people doing what I had seen in MI2 and I ask the clerk witch movie was good and they pointed out to me Set It Off by D'Aces. I'll tell you what, I had the biggest hard-on ever. I mean, the shit I was seeing was unreal. Since that point on I was hooked. Now I don't stunt myself. But I can surely tell you that I'm one of stuntings biggest fans. Quick shout out to some of my favorite stunt teams; Evasive Actions, Reline Extreme, DTE, Core 6, D'Aces, Ruthless Tactics and last but not least, the originators of mayham The Star Boys. Keep up the good work people.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 12:55 AM

Cool question. Well let's see, I'm from Ohio so you know where this is gonna go. Anyway, one day a couple years ago my friends were like the Starboyz are gonna be at this dealership that's pretty close we should go. At the time I have no clue who the Starboyz are. Up to this pont I'd seen people pop little wheelies and the occasional stoppie but nothing major. So we go to this dealer and start up the hill and Scott passes me doing the biggest stoppie I have ever seen in my life. He was like 3 feet from me!!! Ever since I've been hooked, LVX, Starboyz, XXX, I don't care I like em all. Don't get me wrong I love touching pegs down in the twisties too, but MAN I love to stunt. Am I good at it? No, lol, but I can do pretty decent wheelies and stoppies, I now some people both here in Ohio, and in Pittsburgh that REALLY need to get it together and make a video though. Stunting is like an addiction to me I'm always like I can go a little further or I can get a little higher this time.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:08 AM

Well, let's see I got my first bike when I was 16 a KLR 250, then went to a 94 Yamaha Seca 2. I bought my first street bike a month before I turned 17, a 2002 GSXR 600M. I've got to keep this short because I'm still at school, yes HIGH SCHOOL, lol. I just turned 18, Jan. 1 and all I'm trying to do is get my scrape on, lol. I love to ride and love to stunt even though when I first bought my bike I didn't plan on stunting it. I had one of the best looking bikes around, but that changed when I started stuntin. Wassup to all you stunters out there, and Shout out to POB, wassup Coop, Tim. Pat. Well the bell just rang, lol.
Later,
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:59 AM

Damn, almost forgot. Hot chicks are impressed by my wheelie skills. LoL, don't know how I could have left that out in my original post. Seriously though have you noticed how some people, generally chicks around my age (early 20s), kids, and guys having mid life crisis predominantly, LOVE when you stunt by em. Little kids always go nutty, I've had chicks nearly fall down trying to get turned around to see me, and I invariably get at least one thumbs up sometime during the day from the guys. That, I think, is why I stunt, to show those people something cool they don't see everyday. Of course you have to deal with the assholes that want to think they're cops too. I wish I had a dollar for every self proclaimed cop I've run into that runs their mouth about the way I ride. Pleaassseeeee, run along back to your mall security job now. I've also noticed that Hardley riders tend to not be the best fans of stunting, oddly enough I had one of them claim to be a cop too. It's like damn buddy make up your mind, do you want to be badass hardley biker or law abiding police officer, pick an image and stick with it for gods sake. See what happens when I'm bored I sit and ramble about nothing.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie
..., I now some people both here in Ohio, and in Pittsburgh that REALLY need to get it together and make a video though. ...
Doogie, I think you must be talking about me, and that night we were all coming from Quker Stake. We are currently forming a group and in the process of the video footage. We have a few clips of some good standies, but once 50+ degrees hits, it is on. Only a few of us right now, but if you know anybody that has the skills in our area, let me know.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:45 AM

Sweet!!! I don't have a helmet cam, but I've devised a way to get my camcorder on the tank so if you don't mind I'd like to head out with you guys when you go. As for dudes here in Ohio, yeah I know a few, but they're all the way down in St.Clairsville. I think one of the dudes parents own A&B Suzuki down in Bridgeport or something. They're SICK though, they do lots of combos, even bustin out the 12 o clocks. The one dude was doing like 300 foot stoppies. THey're pretty damn good. I'm sure I'll hook up with them again in the spring I'll float the idea past them and see what they think. My skills are still weak, lol, but about 100000 times better than when I was out with you guys this past summer. Last summer was BAD, I was just learning standups then. Plus I'm doing the 520 conversion and changing my gearing around so that'll make my life easier.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:58 AM

Nice...... We actually just got a helmet cam. You are more than welcome to come along and get in on the action. Do you still live in Pittsburgh?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 11:16 AM

Yup, shadyside. Hopefully by mid summer I'll be somewhere in the west suburbs though, downtown traffic kills me. My bike is usually in Ohio at my parents house, but shit that's only like 25 miles or so away. I just hate bringing it up to Pittsburgh because it seems like no matter how cool of a road you find there's always tons of traffic. And tons of cops.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 11:27 AM

I can relate. Traffic sucks in downtown, but when I need to ride, I gotta ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode