Helmet Fur - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Helmet Fur

Does anyone know where i can get helmet hair like the troll hair so i can fur out my helmet. Also, does anyone know how to do it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 06:22 PM

I got my fur at a place called Hancock Fabrics... They have them in Michigan but not sure where else...

I used spray adhesive to glue it down.. Take your time too, cuz it can get a little messy with the Glue flyin around in the air...

I also recommend the the mirrored shield..
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

SWEET HELMET. What do you mean spray adhesive, what is the name of the product? Also, funny pics in your gallery.

Thanks,

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the Comments..

The spray adhesive I used was made by Elmer's.

Its basically just like hairspray, but is glue.. You can get it at any hardware store for around $4 or $5....

Good Luck...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:25 AM

Okay, Ferraccio69, I have been looking for the furry stuff for about a month now. I have had NO luck! I am in Maryland, can't find it at Hancock Fabrics or JoAnn Fabrics. I have driven an hour and a half south with still no luck. I have searched on the internet for the material. I have sent messages to different places with still no luck. I want to do this so bad. It would be a kick.

What part of the United States are you, Ferraccio69? Good luck in finding it. If you do, please let me know.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Your welcome, furrychocha. Thanks again.

Hey, Kathy:

WOW! You drove for about an hour and a half. I live in florida and too am willing to do something funky with my helmet. This weekend i will go to the nearest fabric store, hopefully they carry it. If furrychocha found it and did it, so can we. And if we are not successful in finding the fur then i'll see if furrychocha can get me the fur in his area. What color are you interested?...just in case they have your color then i can send it to you. Im looking for a lime green or black. Good luck in your expedition in looking for the fur. Keep me posted if you find any. Later,
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:45 AM

Try doing some searches on the web for Fabric Companies and so-forth..

One of my buddies found a place that he ordered some stuff from when he furred out his bike. I just can't remember the name of the link...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 01:43 PM

furry, see if you can get the website address for us. Yellow would be my first choice, then orange but furry has orange and is in Michigan so those would be my two choices.

I will check again on the internet tonight, do some searches. I have a friend in PA, she is looking up there for me.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:51 PM

Talking

I found fur! Yippppiiiiieeeee!

Website that I found it on is www.mendel.com they are in CA, figures!

I am ordering mine tonight. Love the internet........
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

hey kathy:

i just clicked on that link and it reads Mendels genetic .....i don't see any furrry .......i want furry. Check if they have lime green.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode