Problems with wheelies - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Question Problems with wheelies

I know it's a little overdone, but I need help with wheelies. I have been doing what people say, however, no luck. I have a stock F4i and I was practicing my wheelies, but I could only get the front up about an inch. I am snapping the throttle at 7000 and leaning back and nothing works. Can I pop it up with a stock 600? Thanks for all your inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 12:39 AM

a stock F4i is plenty to do wheelies.......what gear are you snapping it in? try to snap off and lean forward then as soon as you snap back then pull back. I hate to suggest this, because how easy it is to loop one in first and second but I actually learned how to wheelie on an F3 by gassing it and clutching it up. If you try this, just be careful. Start releasing the clutch slowly and work up to harder, cause if you just dump the clutch while on the throttle you will loop it............good luck and be careful.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 03:25 PM

Make sure your elbows stay somewhat bent. If you lock your elbows your arms will hold the bike down. It sounds stupid but on 600's it's actualy a big factor.

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 02:09 PM

First off drink two beers as fast as you can...ok, now rev the damn bike like it was meant to be @ about 8K-9K RPM's while going about 25MPH in first gear then dump the clutch and pull back on the throttle at the same time...next hold on!
I doubt you'll loop it because you'll be too scared to rev it that high at first, or you won't hit the throttle at the same time, so it'll only come up a foot or so until you grow some balls...that's where the beers come into play ( helps grow balls )! It has a lot to do with timing. Then once you do get it up high enough to actually be able to call it a wheelie, you'll have to have good throttle controll to be able to keep it up, and then be able to shift into second for even longer wheelies! Takes lots of practice nobody just jumps on a bike and does wheelies thier first day.
Good luck
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:05 PM

Talking Problems with wheelies

Here are two good sites you need to read....http://nnciderr.freeservers.com/tips.html and http://www.wegs.net/wegs/wheelies/......if you can't ride a wheelie after applying these techniques, give up! Its your skin your saving.
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:09 AM

wheelie problems

trade her in for a 900
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Re: Problems with wheelies

Quote:
Originally posted by ryanbz2001
Can I pop it up with a stock 600?
Are you kidding me????? Plenty enough.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 02:20 PM

although i still can't pop a 2nd gear wheelie, i think it's easiest to learn and perfect your skill in first gear, desite it's danger. On my gsxr6, i'm doing around 48mph (~8k rpm) and i let off the throttle, then i rip on it, all within a matter of seconds. I pop instantly and can ride it for a couple hundred feet. After you master 1st gear wheelie, try for second...that's what i *was* working on before it snowed like a mother over here....

-=bmacd=-
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 07:11 AM

A 600 doesn't have the power to whoolie in any gear...you need at least a 750. You might be able to pop it up in first...but it won't stay....
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 11:25 AM

Most 600's have plenty of wheelie potential. Rip it up in first, get it balanced then click second. I've even seen guys ride 1/4 mile wheelies on EX 500's and 250's. Power only helps get it up. Balance is what keeps it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode