Wheelies are good. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Cool Wheelies are good.

finally got the sit down 1st gear roll on wheelie right on my F4i. it is a lot easier than i thought it would be. i don't do it on busy public roads or anything, just right around my apartment area. most of the stuff around me is industrial area, not many cars after 5pm. i am still a little scared to do a stoppie, but I have been playing with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

I think I will get a older bike to practice stuff on so I won't mash my nice one. any ideas on what to get? 93> 900rr, GSXR750, ZX9 or ZX7?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 09:55 PM

Just got my f4i in may

I'm scared shitless of the 1st gear sit down type. I've done a few but never brought it up anymore than like 2 feet in the air. Seems like i could, but don't have the balls yet......that's a lot of power. I've done some kick ass stoppies (even in front of the cop shop)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 11:22 PM

I got my 02' F4I in May, and have toyed with the thought of riding a wheelie on it, but usually chicken out. Like alot of people, I have lifted the front tire off the ground acciedently through acceleration, but only a foot or so. Just out of curiosity, what are the odds of me dumping my bike if I try to wheelie it for the first time.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 11:23 PM

ohhh.......you guys are in for some big smiles if this stuff is new to you. the learning part is the scariest and most fun. the days when you come home after getting better or mastering something are great, but the next day forget about concentrating at work or school because all you can think about is getting back out to your spot and practicing more and getting better.

roll-on firsts are easy. just don't snap the throttle. remember that you have the highest power to weight ratio of anything on the planet (i think!) and you only have 2 wheels. get comfortable pulling wheelies and don't loop it (send the front wheel completely over you). PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!

next comes shifting in wheelies and then move on to stand-ups. those are the $HIT! there's nothing like motoring with your buddies, getting some clear space, and rippin' a stand-up. then you'll learn to wheelie through corners, etc.

stoppies for me were really easy and i got those down in a day. i prefer the high-speed stoppies best. i like to start from about 50 or 60 and carry the back end up forever and bring it to a stop with it high in the air.

more than anything, and i can't stress this enough...........BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! know your limits and don't push it. trust me, you'll have the next day to learn and have fun and with motorcycles, the smiles NEVER stop.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 05:14 PM

just wait until you come upon a pack of harleys, and pass them on the back wheel doing about 120
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode