stunt bikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

stunt bikes

Just watched judgment day and most of the bikes were or at least it looked like gsxrs is this the preferd bike? Or is it ride what ya got?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Soundtrack for that video was not too great......

A lot of other videos have CBR 900RR's. Some people say "that is the ultimate stunt-bike" I want one, or a 929. Actually was laying in bed thinking about one last night.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

I didnt mind the sound track to bad there were a couple on there I kinda liked. The honda Is a sharp looking bike love the red and black. I rode with a friend out of twin falls this weekend who just bought a hayabusa and that is one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

It seems that GSX-R 750s and CBR 900RR are where it's at for stunting.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:10 AM

Question Sportbike Shootout

The answer to this much dreaded question is actualy quite simple. Yes stunting is a ride what you got sport, its all personal preference. I stunt my ass around on a 900 RR, quick smooth power, great balance, durable, and cheap parts. The 929 has all of the above except parts are expensive and durability is a little lower. While the Gix 750 has good balance, somewhat cheap parts, and respectable durability *SRAD and early models only for durability*. But the lack low end power making wheelies and burnouts a little tougher. Then theres the R1, sexy ass looks, and great power. However they suffer from expensive repair costs, a very picky balance point, and very very poor durability. One hard crash normaly totals an R1. Last on the popular stunters list is the Gix 1100. This thing is a huge ass heavy turd, parts are hard to find, it's size makes the balance a little on the touchy side. But to give it proper credit they make some massive power.

Simply any bike will do if you got the skills. I started stunting on a 94 ZX7R. The only thing that had going for it was it's built like a sherman tank. Took me almost 20 crashes to kill that pile of shit.
But take my advice, loop out a good wheelie on a heavy pig bike and you'll be coughing up your nutsack in no time.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 12:50 PM

You were saying that the R1 has a picky balance point, how about the R6?? Have you heard anyone complaining of the same thing on it? It sure as hell seems picky to me, seems like a tiny little bit one way or the other and it's just not going to balance. I always just figured it was because I suck ass. lol Even when I do hit it I can only go about a 1/4 mile before I **** up a tiny bit and down she comes. Maybe it has something to do with certain bikes center of gravity??
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

I just kinda wonderd cause I ride a zx11 and it all just feels funny on it part of the reason is the weight and everyone i ride with says long wheelies are a no no cause of the number 3 bearing failure.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 01:45 AM

ZX11's are known for lower end bearing failures. Very common on the higher mileage ones. Far as the R6 goes I don't know to many people with them. I've played around with an 02 R6 a little. But it not being my bike I didn't ride it very hard. They pick it up smoothly for a 600 though. Yes it does have a lot to do with the bikes center of gravity. R1 has a great balance point long as you can be steady with the throttle. chris_y2k_r1 prolly has more knowledge of balancing an R1 than I'll ever have so he'd be the guy to ask about more accurate details.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Sorry so late on this one... Thanks for the props RR.

Yes indeed the R1 is very picky, took me a while to figure that out. I had an R6 as well although I don't remember it being as picky but I wasn't as good at standing it up back then.

The R1 seems to go right from wanting to come back down to wanting to loop. When you get that bike high up in the upper reaches of the balance point it becomes very very touch throttle wise. I think this is because of the long swing arm and the 50/50 weight ratio.

Let me give a real life example, when I'm doing highway wheelies with my buddy/teammate, Steve, he is much slower on his 929 (about 80 MPH) at pitch of I'd guess at about 11 O'clock. Where as I am moving much faster at the same pitch, it makes it very hard to do tandem wheelies.

I'm not a physics major so I don't know the exact reasons off the top of my head but none the less the R1 is twitchy in almost all arenas but THAT makes it a fun bike.

With that said, one final thought - If you are running on a carbuerated bike and the carbs aren't sync'd and tuned well, holding a steady wheelie is going to be a pain in the ass because not only will you be using the throttle to compensate for road anomalies and wind gusts but you will also be compensating for your own poorly tuned machine. I can tell a world of difference when I sync and tune my carbs, I can find a steady spot on the throttle much quicker and very great ease and hold it at that point almost throughout the entire wheelie. This is why FI bikes are better for monos.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 02:13 PM

Welcome for the props bro, I've seen your vid clips and your skills are very progressed. I'm sure the twitch factor with the R1 makes half the fun. It's all in personal preference. Your right about the whole speil with carbs and FI bikes. However carb bikes can still keep up with FI bikes on wheelies thats mainly rider skill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode