12s - Who doin' em? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

12s - Who doin' em?

Anyone out there pulling off 12 O'clock wheelies? I know they are getting pretty popular and many people have acquired the skill. I'm going to put a bar on the rear of my R1 over the winter. I have a custom rear fairing that I made into a solo seat and I'm going to cut that to pass the bars through. Hopefully by this time next year I'll have them down. It will be a miracle if I don't mash the R1 in the process.

Can anyone here do them and if so, I'd love a few pointers.

Peace,
ChR1s

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:48 AM

Lightbulb

CHRIS................Contact Mike @ http://www.sportbikes.com and see if he can hook you up with PAVEL.............European Champion!

BTW............Mike is the gentleman that thought of this "Place for Stunters" idea. I lend my assistance in various areas to further the "Sportbikes Cause".

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 12:55 PM

Damn, too bad your're not a little closer. I know two people here who can do them, INSANE! Both of them have 929's with the aforementioned homemade 12 o'clock bar. They're the first people I've actually seen do one in person, I about shit myself.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 02:56 PM

i've done them a few times, but i've quit, its just too easy to wreck your shit and its scary as shit, i can ride a normal wheelie for a mile and half or so but the 12's arent for me.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 05:19 PM

Don't take your feet off the pegs, and be ready to jab the rear brake. Expect to crash a few times and best of luck to yas.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 08:48 PM

I can do 'em

Haven't crashed..........yet
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally posted by nags
I can do 'em

That's what I want to hear. How'd you learn, nags?

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nags
I can do 'em

nags cant even ride a wheelie yet
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:08 PM

Lightbulb a Must have for all stunters

Just to let you know man, I would get another bike if you don't want to mess your up. The R1's subframe isn't bolt on so if you break it your pretty much screwed. It can be done just depending on what you want to sacrifice. Also, I don't know if you've ever heard of a Cage for your bike but get one. I just wrecked attempting a 12 o'clock and little to no damage on the bike. I got one for my bike along with the wheelie bar and it made me realize that the frame sliders that I bought before werent nothing. These have replaceable ends and protects your bike especially the engine covers. I'll post my wreck and you can see for yourself when I figure out how to. They are made by Freestyle Inginuities ( I can get you one if you want one, it's a must for me). My bike hit hard at speed and started to flip and my buddies just picked it up and drove it off. The bike was better than I was, If your interested let me know
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Yeah, I'm interested... do you have pics?

or s3sportbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode