new paint job - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

new paint job

so what do ya think

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.myspace.com/lyleonmyspace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 PM

I'm not a huge fan of flames but it isn't my bike.

Nice quality paint job. Looks good(for what it is).

Congrats on the new look!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 PM

shoot him in the balls why don't ya towelie. for what it's worth, I think it gives the bike a one of a kind look nobody else has, send some pics with it all assembled. did they have to sand the wind screen to get the paint to stick? I think it blends in nicely. Just for bragging rights, what did it cost ya? or did you do it yourself? My YZF 750 is in the shop gettin ready to paint to take to the Laughlin River run in Nevada. I hope it comes out as nice. Good ridin.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

cost of the paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyrider View Post
shoot him in the balls why don't ya towelie. for what it's worth, I think it gives the bike a one of a kind look nobody else has, send some pics with it all assembled. did they have to sand the wind screen to get the paint to stick? I think it blends in nicely. Just for bragging rights, what did it cost ya? or did you do it yourself? My YZF 750 is in the shop gettin ready to paint to take to the Laughlin River run in Nevada. I hope it comes out as nice. Good ridin.
I've been sworn to secrecy, I got a steal of a deal. I know you are a long way from where I live, but people who live close read these pages.

I just got the seat back from the upholstery shop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by spidieR6; 03-21-2008 at 06:38 AM. Reason: add
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Strength and Honor

The paint job is interesting. What made you opt to have the windscreen included in the paint job design?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyrider View Post
shoot him in the balls why don't ya towelie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidieR6 View Post
so what do ya think
I'm not seeing what you are getting at? He asked me my opinion and I gave it. Why should it matter to him what I think about flames? I was just giving a context that I'm not the one to ask for a detailed opinion about flames since they aren't my bag but for what it's worth the detail looks very nice and that I was glad he likes his new look.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to ZX6R1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
The paint job is interesting. What made you opt to have the windscreen included in the paint job design?

I was thinking the same thing. I could never have my windscreen painted... I spend too much time looking through it. Even if I am not looking through it, I have a tank mount for my camcorder.

The paint job looks like a quality job, though.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

painting the windscreen

The painter thought it would look good. I can get a new one if I don't like it.
Nobody else does it, maybe I'll find out why.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to ZX6R1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidieR6 View Post
The painter thought it would look good. I can get a new one if I don't like it.
Nobody else does it, maybe I'll find out why.
The first time you hop the interstate for a medium-long ride or try a high speed run anywhere. Basically, if you ever need to really tuck. Who knows, though... maybe your riding style will allow you to keep the screen painted.

If you ever have to switch out for the reasons mentioned, there are a few graphics companies that offer stickers you can see through. (I am really sorry... I'm insanely tired, so my brain is shut down. I can't think of what they are called.) You see them on rear windows of trucks and stuff from time to time. Or for that matter, I see them on helmet visors once in a while, too. The point is, if you could get a company to match the current paint job, you can switch to a see-through screen later on, but still keep the painted look from the front side.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Strength and Honor

The tuck is the reason I couldn't do it on mine. But my aftermarket windshield is a race one with the slightly increased rise to provide some additional protection in the straights so I can actually tuck under it. The stock one wouldn't have really allowed that, IIRC, so painting it might have been a non-issue. Perhaps the same on your ride, spidie?

BTW, I didn't put this in before but I think the seat looks pretty cool. I really like the two-tone look of leather for seating

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode