Flat OD and Black HooYAA 3 42.86%
Lucky Strike Bike 1 14.29%
Corona Bike 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to TopSecret
New Project 2006 Gsxr 1000!!!

Found my dream bike, so I will invest a little money on customizing this one a 2006 GSXR 1000. It has been down and will need work. There is a quarter-sized ding in the frame from the clutch lever. Does anyone know how to fix it that kind of thing? It also has one of the cheapest fiberglass fairings I have ever seen, and I want ABS plastic anyway, but there is no hardware… so I have been thinking to use all hardware store bolts and washers (industrial look) or do the whole spike thing… anyone know where to buy a ton of spikes cheap? Would that look cheesy? So as far as the fairings, themselves go, have any thoughts? What would you think if you saw a bike with the Lucky Strike, or Corona, fairings from Hong Kong (eBay) honest? Has anyone bought/seen one of those kits? I want it to be different, classy, clean, and mean! What do you think of a Flat/Satin OD green and black theme? In addition, this is my first thread on this site so let me know if I broke any edict rules or whatever…

Slappy...

Last edited by TopSecret; 09-12-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 PM

I think you will be fine with whatever you choose, although I'm thirsty, so I can only recommend the Corona theme for as long as it takes for you to bring me a beer.

But seriously, welcome to the site and hope all your riding experiences are safe and done in style- Safe style that is...

Dan Tapia
DT996
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:26 AM

Well since you got a Suzuki like everyone else I would say definitely don't keep it Stock! Make it look very different, that way it will stand out from ALL the other Suzukis out there. I don't know if I'd do any of the things you've listed since they've all been done before. Just think up something yourself and then get it painted that way. And I would do the spike bolts all around too.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthZX9R
Just think up something yourself and then get it painted that way. And I would do the spike bolts all around too.
Really?

Who's done a 2006 with OD Green and Black? I would love to see it... Also I know that there are a lot of Suzuki's out there but what can I say I love road racing ... well watching... LOL

Suzuki = 20 years of road racing DOMINATION!

Slappy...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TopSecret
Really?

Who's done a 2006 with OD Green and Black? I would love to see it... Also I know that there are a lot of Suzuki's out there but what can I say I love road racing ... well watching... LOL

Suzuki = 20 years of road racing DOMINATION!

Well a Green and Black Suzuki, especially a GSXR should really stand out. I've never seen a GSXR with a lot of green on it. So go for it. Should stand out, what kind of paint scheme/design are you gonna do with the green and black?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Well I was thinking Stealth... No Chrome.. Lot's of Powder coat... no fade's just hard transitions... possibly a Red Foil Star but not like a Soviet on... like a Pentagram,... Black Rear sets... etc... Powder coat the stator, and starter covers OD green along with the frame... Lower it … 3” extended swing arm… Possibly turn the swing arm into a N2O tank... I know someone out there has a N2O tank made out of their swing arm... just need to know how they set up the siphon pipe...

Should I post a new thread for N2O, swing arm?
Anyone put two 5 lb bottles on a lowered bike?

Slappy...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Yeah I would start a new thread for the N2O tank.

Your idea sounds really good. Post pics when you get it painted. And I'm not big on lowered bikes, I guess if you aren't gonna ride it a lot and don't hit the twistiest that often then it will be fine. But if you are gonna ride it a lot it will surely affect the handling. Same with the extended swingarm, it will just affect the handling, but if looks is all your really going for then go for it. Just my
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthZX9R
And I'm not big on lowered bikes, I guess if you aren't gonna ride it a lot and don't hit the twistiest that often then it will be fine. Same with the extended swingarm, it will just affect the handling.

So really by lowerng the bike about one inch and extend the swingarm three inches. How much am I going to lose? I do ride a lot... mostly high speed blasts down the freeway, but I like to hit the twisties too from time to time...

Slappy...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Seeing as how I have not ridden a lowered bike I will just tell you what I've heard from many others who have done this to their bike or have rode one that was lowered and/or had an extended swingarm. I have been told it makes it harder to lean and it will feel a lot different than stock. Just ask those who have done it, probably could search the site for lowered or extended swingarm and find what others have said. I don't really like the extended swingarm myself but to each their own. And I would never lower a bike unless you need better footing since the bike is too tall stock. But just ask around or look it up yourself and you will find out what I'm talking about. Hope that helps you decide what you wanna do though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode