best brand of slip-on exhaust? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation best brand of slip-on exhaust?

I'm thinking about getting a slip-on exhaust for my '03 Katana...I want something that's going to make it louder, but without losing too much low/mid range hsp.

I've heard D&D is just loud and crap...other suggestions of brands that'll fit my bike?

While looking online tho, stuff like sato, arrow, ackropovic, etc don't offer one for the katana...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sportbikes
most should improve the mid-range. For a quick mod such as this... go with the one you think sounds the best.

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
in the cbr world, arata, akra, sato, arrow are the top power producing slip-ons. most slipons dont produce any power, or a tad if that. only for looks and sound. i have an arata, absolutely LOVE the sound and get compliments all the time for its sound. but its pricey. about 600.00 just for a s/o.

i had a D&D on my old F3. liked the sound, but was told to ride at the back of the pack on group rides. too dayum annoying, and the drone of the note will drive you crazy.

if you have a side exhaust, like on my old F3, really any slip-on pipe will fit. just have to tweak it to make it work. im sure i can make my arata i have on my bike now, work on my old F3. all you would need is a muffler hanger clamp, and a T clamp to clamp the pipe to the existing mid-pipe.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 04:56 AM

Im new to the sport bike scene but I have been riding moto and hillclimbs since my toes could touch the ground,and from my use and under standing,Yoshimura is fantastic,granted I used it on dirt bikes and quads,I have looked at consumer response to yoshi pipes on sport bikes and they seem to love it.Why would suzuki's yoshi teams be on top of moto GP??.jkjk.

Ones blade may be sharp,but it may never strike its opponent if weilded by the inexperienced-Tetsuo Yamahara
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
ahhh, sorry to burst your bubble, but a yosh pipe is only good for looks and sound. NO hp gains, well maby 1. if your not into any gains, then get a yosh pipe, me on the other hand, ill spend the extra money to get gains/looks/and sound.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 PM

It a little late for a comment, but as for slip-ons, the power you will gain will mean absolutely nothing for the majority of applications and situations. I like the sound of stock pipes and the look and sound of yoshi's. If you are looking for power get a full kit, the best pipe depends on your bike, the affordable kits are hit and miss so read up on them.

But really the yoshi's have the best little bit of bass at the bottom, then at high rpm they roar.

I just really want a bike with a turbo, because their are those times when you pull up too a stop light next to a cop, and I think a really loud PPTTTSHIIISHHHHHHHH would make his day. =P
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 AM

like said most slip on will give no or little hp gain, if you want extra hp get a full system. for slip ons jardine makes a good product and has a good sound, i get complements on mine alot.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 501RYDA
I have a two bros. slip on on my 07 gixxer 750. I don't know if it has more power at all but I love the way it looks and sounds(loud as hell).
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Take offs from newer suzuki 600 or 750 CHEAP SHOT, modify if necessary,

walter
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 PM

which ever one you find on EBAY that will fit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode