Sportbike World banner

996 Resto-Mod II in progress

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Raichu 
#1 ·
Things are moving along again!

I've been working on the wheels, frame, headlight bucket and engine covers for almost three weeks now, and with the first clearcoat layed out today, things are getting exciting.

Don't know if anyone remembers the first Resto-Mod: changed Yellow body to Red and Black, wheels to Silver, Polished swingarm and plated some deteriorated parts, added some carbon, PCIII, Clutch upgrades, Brembo Radial Clutch and Brake masters, and new Michelins to return this bike to good form.

Now I'm changing my theme to most components being blacked out with a twist: I'm experimenting with painting the black to look like black chrome. Have a few more things to do over the next several weeks and then reassembly will begin.

That's all for now, will post after the next step...

See less See more
#2 ·
Started assembling on Monday morning and have a pretty good lead on my schedule so far. Put the new rubber on and have a pretty decent look at the new Blackout scheme. Still have a ways to go, but most of the hard stuff is done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.