CTSMoto does it again (Carrozzeria rims and new front/rear rotors) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Which rotor pattern should I go with?
Type 1 4 50.00%
Type 2 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

CTSMoto does it again (Carrozzeria rims and new front/rear rotors)

Looks like Big Kahuna may be getting an early Christmas surprise for the Repsol!

Mike from CTSMoto has a limited run of Carrozzeria rims in which he powder coated in Repsol orange. Pretty sweet right? Well, he's also about to launch his new line of front rotors. These things are freaking sweet and I'm hoping to have them fitted way before old saint nick makes his way down the chimney on Christmas eve!

These are the first two styles that he is offering. I'm thinking a set of the Type 2 (front and back) would look sweet on the Repsol with the new orange Carrozzeria rims.

Which rotor pattern should I go with?

Big Kahuna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Type 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg type1.jpg (482.5 KB, 94 views)

Big Kahuna

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Type 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg type2.jpg (526.8 KB, 89 views)

Big Kahuna

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Here's some info from Mike himself:

Quote:
A little technical info. Not too technical yet. We are involved in our patent applications right now.

First this is the culmination of 2 years of material research.

The rotors are centrifugally casted from a proprietary blend of SS ( in the 420 family )

Two full seasons of track development and 8 revisions later we are able to produce a rotor that is lighter than any other manufacturers SS offering, has a better friction coefficient as well as improved feedback and stopping performance.

Without giving away too much. The rotors are casted yet have zero porosity. Water jet cut to allow us to produce some radically new designs without introducing heat and stress that is associated with milling or laser cutting.

We have been doing some endurance testing on a custom made test unit that allows us to test our rotors vs stock, Galfer, EBC etc....

One of the by products of casting this material is a heat treating transition temp that is 450 deg F higher than 420ss. Bottom line these rotors can withstand more heat loading than any other SS rotor on the market.

Warping... Warping of stock rotors is fairly common. Many stock applications are made from sheet stock which has a linear grain. As the rotors reach maximum entropy and overheat they will warp by bending either with our across the grain creating a potato chip effect. Some casted rotors can suffer from the same warping for different reasons. Our rotors are centrifugally casted. Our grain is radial. Flows in the directing of rotation. This allows for a more even heat loading and unloading. The radial grain coupled with precise Heat treat and stress relieving cycles and a precision grind yields a very neutral ( unstressed ) rotor.

Oh yeah! If you can warp them we will buy them back!

Mike
CTSmoto

Big Kahuna

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Hello... is this thing on?

No comments on these awesome rims and rotors?

I think I'm going with Type 2. If anyone is interested, I should have pics over the weekend.

Big Kahuna

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Kahuna
Hello... is this thing on?

No comments on these awesome rims and rotors?

I think I'm going with Type 2. If anyone is interested, I should have pics over the weekend.
No.2 mate. The pattern flows better.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to slick1537
I prefer type 1.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 PM

I like the type 1 myself. Looks stronger for braking, in my opinion.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 AM

Type 1

Wow, those rotors are sweet!

Personally, I like style #1 myself, but they are both really nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode