Just put CF Yosh on! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Just put CF Yosh on!

I have always known that when it came to puting a pipe on my bike, it had to be a carbon fiber yosh! After looking around at many different sites, i found that morepoweracing.com had the best prices by far. I went with the carbon fiber tri-oval yosh. They only making CA models now, so it also came with a plug for the O2 censor whole.

Pipe looks abosolutely gorgeous! Goes perfect with the black and silver paint job on my f4i...i also have some other CF pieces. Installation was a joke. Litterally took me only 15 minutes!

Here's the thing though, i believe i even received the race version(ie: no "zyclone" baffle), yet this pipe is extremely quiet? It is a little louder, and sounds great...just not what i was expecting. I'm thinking maybe it will get a little louder as it "breaks-in" so to speak, but i really am a little dissappointed. My friend has an R6 with the Round version of my pipe and his is way louder! I'd really like to know why this is...

Also i started my bike up when the stock can was off...man it sound just plain nasty!! But i'm sure bottom end would've sucked and the cops would of been all over me haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

So i find it hard to believe that no one on here has any experience with a tri-oval yosh...?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 07:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mlkx3
As you ride it the packing material will start to break down and it will get louder. And itf thats what your really after is the sound then take some out or shorten your can a little.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mlkx3
As you ride it the packing material will start to break down and it will get louder. And itf thats what your really after is the sound then take some out or shorten your can a little.

That's what i was figuring...that it would get louder with time. I'm not looking for an insanely loud exhaust note, it's just that at low rpm's it really doesn't sound any louder than stock. Everyone tells me tho that when i get into the higher rpm range the sound is incredible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode