Need and Exhaust Expert, Wanting to add some serious HP - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Need and Exhaust Expert, Wanting to add some serious HP

I have a GSXR 750
I am wanting to put a customized quad exhaust on it. (Basically 4 straight pipes)
My concern is not how it will sound I know I can add a baffle on each pipe if I need to.
but my question is- Is there any Mechanical reason why i can't put a customized Quad pipes on my bike?
I also understand I will have to get a fuel and air tunning system.
I also understand the Fuel injection automatically adjust the intake a certain amount. but is there an upgrade i can do for the intake as well? Possibly a Vavle upgrade.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:06 AM

Unless you are planning some other really serious mods like cyl head work, cams, big bore, etc., I really doubt the extra expense of doing 4 individual pipes is hardly worth the price vs. perf increase ratio.

I believe a well designed 2>2 or 4>1 system can make as much or maybe more power than individual pipes in all but a flat out max perf drag setup.

But, then again, I'm not a pipe expert....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to ZX6R1033
Quote:
Originally posted by Whoaru99
Unless you are planning some other really serious mods like cyl head work, cams, big bore, etc., I really doubt the extra expense of doing 4 individual pipes is hardly worth the price vs. perf increase ratio.

I believe a well designed 2>2 or 4>1 system can make as much or maybe more power than individual pipes in all but a flat out max perf drag setup.

But, then again, I'm not a pipe expert....
+1

Exhaust gain is minimal on any naturally aspirated vehicle... be it cage or bike. The only engines that truelly benifit from the free flow are forced induction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 01:45 PM

Thumbs up

Ok ,,,how handy are you?

Nothing quite like a wun off exhaust,,,Check these guys out

http://www.zorstec.net/wun_off_cans_flash.htm

You can make a baffel similar to this to keep the COPS from hunting you down...

http://www.spiralturbobaffles.com/mustang.html

Good luck, it should be,,,,,,,AWSOME.......

SO DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?
WELL DO YOU?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Dad

Coolness is in the eye of the beholder so that's up to you BUT.... if it's performance you're after, forget it.

Do a search on headers and how they function. They'll explain it.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to JBaz
Cycle World had a CBR600RR that was turboed and tuned with 200hp to the rear wheel on stock motor internals. After doing a 200mph salt plains pass, they blew the head gasket after the first run.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud owner of:
2004 Honda CBR600 RR - Stitched up
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Four separate pipes do perform very well; in fact they were always the favorite of Pops Yoshmura. The problem is weight. Four pipes will add a ton of weight even if you make them as light as possible. Back in the good ol days nearly all the high performance bikes came with one muffler per cylinder. One of the more undesirable properties was the short life span. The darn things were made of paper-thin metal and they rusted out in the first year or so. Everybody couldn't wait to give then a heave-ho and install a much better single pipe header system. Going backwards is usually the lifeblood of the Harley crowd. The general idea with a sportbike is to make them better but never at the price of loosing performance.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Separate pipes require crossovers for midrange. On Triumphs, Harleys, two strokes, BMWs, four into two with crossovers is better, like FJ1100-1200. Racers use four into one for weight reduction and top end, then add restriction valves (exup. suz whatever). "Best" aftermarket systems four into two into one mimics four into two performance. You could try 4 pipes from 200 dirt bikes and work from there.

walter
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 AM

keep your exhaust and just get some spray for some serious HP. That way, the cops wont hunt you down for a loud tone and you will be MUCH MUCH faster
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Xx954HxCafexX
i remember some douche on a haggard "custom" SOHC cb750 chopper with 4-4 exhaust and it sounded so horrible, and my lil 550 with 4-1 exhaust completely whopped his ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode