Flush mount LED turn signals - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Flush mount LED turn signals

So I recieved a refund in my ebay account because my shock absorber never came. So now i have 100 bucks just waiting to be spent, haha. So I'm considering getting some nice bright LED turn signals. Has anybody else done this mod to their ex500? Some pics of them installed on your bike would be great. The ones i've come accross on ebay don't seem like they'll fit my bike(ex500) very well? I'm thinking a carbon fiber pod with bright blue LEDs.

Show me some inspiration here people...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 02:03 PM

i had thought of doing that to my ex500 but then i just decided to change my whimpy bike and get a gixer 600

jokes aside i think the carbon fiber pod with bright blue LEDs. would look cool what color is your bike? mine was blue and so i really would have done that

"Youre good kid pretty good, but as long I am arrourd YOU'LL always be second best See"

I live my life a quarter mile at a time...gas is too friggin expensive to plan any further.....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

My bike is black, the previous owner snapped off the stock front turn signals when he went down. He replaced them with these cheesy 6 dollar teardrop looking signals. The bulb in there is really whimpy and i can barely see the signal even when i'm looking for it. I've already tried to make my own LED signal with not so great results. I used 6 superbright white leds, there's no space to put anymore in this crappy pod.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 AM

got a pic of the pod? maybe some of the other signals might fight your 500...if i find some thing ill pm it to you

"Youre good kid pretty good, but as long I am arrourd YOU'LL always be second best See"

I live my life a quarter mile at a time...gas is too friggin expensive to plan any further.....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

I just bought some a set after posting the last message. haha Save myself the hassel. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I'm gonna need some resistors to stop them from flashing too fast though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:47 AM

looks nice...let me know how they work out at night....I am thinking of changing the ones on my gixer too....i really like the new ones on the 06 they are built into the mirror....just need to find some way of modddin it into the 04

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode