Euro LED turn signal (w/image) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Euro LED turn signal (w/image)

Wondering how people feel about these euro turn signals. I have flush front signals, and they are not very visable to oncoming vehicles. This is an issue especially at intersections. I want to be as safe as possible and thought these would help. They run ~50 bucks.

If you have seen them or used them, do you feel like they are bright and/or obvious enough for other motorists to notice? Even with my headlights on?

As far as electrical, are they going to disrupt the rate at which my signals flash, or draw too much off the battery? (They say they have a built in resistor.) I assume they will be spliced out of my front stock signal wire?

Thanks for your help and wisdom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg euro light on zx6.jpg (8.0 KB, 188 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 05:38 AM

hey check out this post over at kawiforums, it gives a how-to on installing them....may answer some of your questions
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=18294

Last edited by purdue1719; 06-19-2006 at 05:43 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Ok, now I know how to install them (thanks for that link), but what I really want to know is if they are bright enough to be worth it. Hasn't anyone seen these on a bike and have an opinion?

If they are bright and noticable I will get them for saftey reasons, but if its some dinky little led that you have to point out from 3 feet away then I won't bother.

Need Input!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 09:22 AM

Hey

Im guessing that if its in the headlight assembly, it will probably be very hard to see at night because even if it is a decent LED, the headlight is probablly going to over power it, but I could be wrong.

RPR
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 12:52 PM

Re: Hey

Quote:
Originally posted by OuT_RiDe_CoPs
Im guessing that if its in the headlight assembly, it will probably be very hard to see at night because even if it is a decent LED, the headlight is probablly going to over power it, but I could be wrong.
You nailed it right on. I have the same little running lights on my 2003 R1, I chose to use red lights instead of amber. So they are not used as turn signals, red lights flashing like that could get me pulled over. Any how, at night it is kind of hard to see them. I also have red tinted head light bulbs, which probably helps kill the running lights. On the other hand at day time they make my bike look stealthy.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 12:55 PM

Heck, you can see what I'm talking about if you take a look at my photo gallery. It seems to be hard to see even at day time unless you walk right up to the bike.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Damn, that is a nice looking bike. Well, I can see them pretty well in the picture (Of course it is about 5 feet away and not in the same line as the headlights). Being that you can't really see my flush signals from the front, I think they'd be worth 50 bucks for even slightly more visability. They couldn't hurt. When I have an inkling and a little extra cash I think I'll get them. I love doing little projects anyway. Thanks for the replys and I'll post my feelings about them whenever I decide to put them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode