tre vs powercomander - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

tre vs powercomander

I found something online today called a timeing retard eliminator. I guess the new gixers not sure how far back are retarded a bit in the first 4 gears to cut down on power. the TRE is much less money than a power comander but I'm wondering wich one would be better in the long run. Also anyone know if you could run both? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:55 PM

You can run both. The tre mod is barely noticeable. Instead of buying a pre made one for sometimes $30+ you could build your own. Depending on what model you have all you need is the correct resistor wired into the gear position sensor. Heres a link at the bottom of the post to some instructions on building your own tre. When you get to the site look at the links on the left hand side of the page and click the link that says resistors/tre. You could seriously do it for something like 15 cents. It is not a very noticable mod though. You will mainly notice that the bike feels smoother when riding slower. Comparing a power commander to the tre mod is like comparing apples to oranges. They do two totally different things. A power commander will alter your fuel injector pulse width to richen up or lean out the engine, and the tre just advance your ignition timing in the first three gears as well as gears 4-6. I was told that suzuki retarded the timing in the first 3 gears for emissions purposes.

TRE mod
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 PM

I have a DIY TRE mo on my bike and it is noticeable but not by much, you need the commander to finely tune the powerband to aftermarket parts.

Hello mother leopard, I have your cub, you must protect her but that will be expensive. 10,000 collanuts wraped in brown paper, midnight, behind the box, I'll be the Hyena..You'll see.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 02:44 PM

The TRE on my TLR is the difference between 2nd gear power wheelies, and having to fan the clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode