Hotbodies Undertail Exhaust? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Hotbodies Undertail Exhaust?

Anyone know or heard anything about Hotbodies undertail exhaust? I was thinking about changing the stock exhaust on my '05 R6 and this looked interesting.

Have fun, ride safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

I heard they are loud. For looks only. Their exhaust is shit on performance. I will admit they look cool though.

-M-
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mstrand_68
I heard they are loud. For looks only. Their exhaust is shit on performance. I will admit they look cool though.

-M-
Well Im not going to forgo any performance for looks...I just want something other than the huge stock exhaust.

Have fun, ride safe!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to slick1537
Friend has one on his 03 gsx-r 600. Can't say I really notice much of a different sound, however I havent been around long enough too.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 07:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
seems to me that over time, the plastic would de-form. if you dont want the bulky stocker on there, there are other options for a smaller exhaust, cheaper, and more performance. it looks trick though, just isnt my style

that made dropping acid seem like a mild cure for boredom

'95 F3 Smokin Joe - tried to kill me, so i returned the favor and parted it out

'03 "Titanium" CBR 954 - frame sliders, reupholstered seats, cut and gutted stock exhaust, -1/+2 520 conversion, BMC race filter
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by conrice
seems to me that over time, the plastic would de-form. if you dont want the bulky stocker on there, there are other options for a smaller exhaust, cheaper, and more performance. it looks trick though, just isnt my style
I was wondering if it would melt the plastic myself, I dont see how it cant with that small of room and very little air passing over it to help lower the temps.

Have fun, ride safe!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 09:28 AM

I'm not saying the plastic wont deform, but its definetly possible to make it so that it wont. The long pipe curling around the swing arm acts as a cooler, so that the muffler doesnt heat up as much. Combine the ceramic insulation, and ABS suprisingly high softening point, and its possible to make something that will work just fine. Of course its also possible to make something that wont.

Personally, I think $800 is way too much for a cool looking slip on, that makes no power improvments..

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Without creating a entirely new thread, what kind of exhaust would you all recommend? I want something that is black (either carbon fiber, or just black). I really like the tri-oval look. What are some brands/models to check out, what are some to stay away from?

Have fun, ride safe!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:48 AM

Most brands offer CF cans. Personally, I'm a big fan of muzzy's sounds (a low rumble at idle, and a screamer at the top) yoshimura is good and has that tri oval thing, but its one of the quieter AM exhausts. Micron has colored cans which look pretty cool, Havent heard anything bad about hindle, leo vanes, or arata.
The ones I avoid are D&D (posers favorite) and two brothers
I will never buy another vanes and hines. I had a set of megaphone pipes that werent properly coated and started rusting after only a month. I was told it was my own fault.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

|
|
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Banned

Hmmm, I had a Vance and Hines titanium on my yzf and even still today it looks new. I have even taken it apart 10 times screwing with the packing to make it sound different. Guess I got their 1 out of 10...

-M-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode