Chroming Honda Parts
I have just finished going down the long road of getting my pegs, peg mounts, kickstand, and heel guards chromed. When it is all set and done it looks like I am going to have 85.00 invested at the chromer and 50.00 in gas for my pickup running around to get it all done. Here is what I learned if you are interested in going after this project:
1. Honda peg brackets and heal guards are clear anodized, kick stands are powder coated, and foot pegs are just aluminum
2. The powder coat can be removed with a wire wheel
3. The clear anodize needs to be striped off.....I would recomend finding a plating shop that will do both the stripping and chroming
4. The smoother you have them before you chrome the parts the better they turn out. The chrom does not hide any scratches, nicks, etc
5. Ideally you should get the parts stripped, polish them smoothe, and then get them chromed
Hope this helps if anyone is interested......pictures to come when I get the bike back together.