Kawasaki Ninja customization - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Kawasaki Ninja customization

I want to update the look of my 1996 ninja ZX-6r (F-model). Is there any newer tail sections that would fit on bike. I would love to put a 2004 tail on there but I don't think it would fit. ANy suggestions. THanks Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:22 PM

You might want to look into a fender eliminator for the back end and then just upgrade your exhaust with a Hindle high mount or a Muzzy or something else. The subframe on the rear of that bike will not, to the best of my knowledge, support post-'97 tail section plastic.

Problem with drastic modification would be getting the seat to mate, since the brackets for its mounting are welded to the frame, most likely, with the passenger seat brackets welded to the subframe. Changing the tail would mess up alignment of the seat with the margin between the seat and the plastic or maybe make it impossible to mount the driver and/or passenger seats.

Also, such modification would make the bike more difficult to sell, as most buyers look for stock bikes, and a bike that old especially you want to keep it stock if you plan to eventually sell it for the best price.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode