???? about the intergatorkit - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

???? about the intergatorkit

i recently bought one from ebay found out it is nothing more then a
trailer wiring harness but wired it up and it works but doesnt
seem to be bright enough where the bulbs can actually be seen which side it is blinking.
what do you guys think of these kits. i deff. like the look of a clean and shaved bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 PM

The kit I bought from cycle gear works great. You can easily hook it up & when I turn on the turn signal it seems more than bright enough. The trailer wiring harness that others have used seem to be problematic. What is the company that manufactured your set up?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

cycle mods is the company that i got it from off of ebay.. i mean you can see a flashing lite but
not as bright as i would think it be. like if you put up regular turn signals up to it the regulars
would deff. be seen alot more. you can see mine but you can really tell which side it is coming
from if you were a distance from behind. im worried about inspection with these and the
fact of getting pull over or even worse a hit from behind.

but damm the bike looks sweet with the solotail. got to the shaved look.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 05:24 AM

It seems you all have the right thoughs in mind (not being seen, passing inspection) but you still ride with them? People dont see our HUGH stock turn signals, now were putting them in the same housing that is also the brakelight..... We have a hard time seeing them and were looking for them. The average cager has no idea to look there and if they saw it, they would think theres a bad bulb.

CbrBob
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

i havent rode it with the current setup. cause its snowing, but if
i cant find a way to make them more noticeable then i might go a
different route. for example on my girls 250 ninja. i just removed
the fender and intergated the bulbs into the outer dummy lights
that are next to the rear light. these are very noticable and make
the little bike look kinda sharp. if i have to ill modify the tail light
to house addition bulbs if i can so they are seperate. but ill practice
on my old brake light instead of the clear alternative one.

any other ideas out there
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Dad

Most integrated signals I've seen just look like a confusing or bad brake light from behind. If you proceed, just assume nobody behind you has a clue you're turning.

Many flush mount fronts are masked by the fairing when viewed from the opposite front side and aren't really bright or big enough, especially in daylight.

I'm fully aware that many riders do this mod and many shops will pass inspection this way, just be aware that most aren't very effective. Personally, I want the big old turn signals blinkin' when I'm riding in traffic.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
Most integrated signals I've seen just look like a confusing or bad brake light from behind. If you proceed, just assume nobody behind you has a clue you're turning.

Many flush mount fronts are masked by the fairing when viewed from the opposite front side and aren't really bright or big enough, especially in daylight.

I'm fully aware that many riders do this mod and many shops will pass inspection this way, just be aware that most aren't very effective. Personally, I want the big old turn signals blinkin' when I'm riding in traffic.
but, old man, I want that brake light flashing like crazt getting the attention an ambulance gets when I'm braking.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by mmmbarley
but, old man, I want that brake light flashing like crazt getting the attention an ambulance gets when I'm braking.
They're no brighter, just confusing, like something's wrong. That's why the turn signals are a different color and hung out in the breeze, away from the red light that drones along and is easily ignored. When it's in the same six or eight inch envelope and the same color with one side of the light blinking, it indicates a malfunction with the light, not a turn.

The turn signals aren't for you, the inspector, or the camera. They're so old blind people like me can see you and have an indication of your intent. I've ridden in groups with enough of those integrated signals and have to study most of them to figure out which way they're turning. Especially in the daylight. That's with full knowledge of what's been done. Many drivers won't understand it.

My biggest point here is I think signals are important, function properly in stock form, seldom do in popular modded form, therefore I leave them alone but...... if you do go ahead with it, just be aware that to many drivers you are functionally turn signalless. At least be aware of that and ride accordingly. That is all.

Now... Fire up the Dremels, oil up the wire cutters, and break out a fresh roll of electrical tape. Bring the zip ties if you got 'em. WE GOT SOME MODDIN' TO DO!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 01-15-2004 at 07:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode