cost of a single color paint job - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

cost of a single color paint job

what kind of prices do you think you could get to paint a bike a single color?

a girl i work with was asking me how much it would cost to get her bike painted pink,

we just used spray paint to paint my girlfriends gs500 black, and it looks good enough for me, like the honda 919,

but i'd probably spray paint or fur my bike before i ever got it painted, so i wasn't sure, i told her i thought it'd be $1000 atleast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 09:03 PM

if you take the plastic and tank off, take it to a body shop, and tell them what color you want it, it will be a hell of a lot cheaper. I've been quoted as low as $500 if you do it this way.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 08:06 PM

$400-500 is average, If you find a private individual to do it you can get it done for less I paint local bikes on my free time for a single color I usually charge $200 to prep it and spray it as long as there isnt too much body work to do.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AaronWilliams
$400-500 is average, If you find a private individual to do it you can get it done for less I paint local bikes on my free time for a single color I usually charge $200 to prep it and spray it as long as there isnt too much body work to do.
damn man you must be using the acrylic enamel and not clear coat....i just did my bike 1 pt silver 1 qt base maker 1 qt clear and 1 pt hardener with the flex add in the clear ran me around 100 just in paint then you need adhesion promoter and promer with the flex additive.....im using dupont chromabase though

acrylic enamel is hella cheaper though
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 08:21 PM

I am good freinds with a kid at the local paint supplier I get my materials at a very good price plus I buy bulk like a gallon of reducer instead of a quart and the mix ratio is 1:1 so 1 pint equals 1 quart sprayable and I use the same clear all the time. I use dupont products also have nothing but good things to say about them, If your really on a budget take a look at the single stage urethane paint from dupont It shines just as nice as clear coat paint does but is a fraction of the cost.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 12:26 AM

i did my last bike in omni base/clear [omni is a off brand of ppg]
i was able to paint and primer the whole bike for $100. this time
on this bike my paints are close to 260. all pearls and met. ppg paints

the price depends on what she wants in color. without any plastic
labor probably around 400-500. if she knows a person they might
hook her up on labor.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 07:01 PM

I paint quite a few bikes. I usually charge $550 for one color. Disassembley, repair, and resurfacing $40 hour extra. Graphics and multi color $60 hour extra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode