Gsxr1000: which slip-on can? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to matte220
Question Gsxr1000: which slip-on can?

Hello all, I have a 2002 GSXR1000 and am thinking about a slip-on can. Obviously the Yosh Tri-Oval would be good but heard good things about Micron and Scorpion cans too. I do like the way the Titanium flame can looks that Micron makes.
Lastly what about Undertails? I think the rear fender has to go as it looks terrible.

Thanks,
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2003, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up GSXR 1000

Well Chad here ya go... as far as a Slip-on, you can go with anything you want...it wont really help you in the performance department, but it will add a little more flavor as well as a different sound. I have a GSXR 1000 too with a Yosi slip-on, but if I was to tell you go with one, I would go with the Yoshi, Micron, Hindle, or if you want to get really loud, hit them with a D&D. Now as far as undertails...it's all about how much you wanna pay.
#1 STAY AWAY FROM TEXAS FAIRING!!! They are The poorest company to deal with. Try Ebay, you'll find some great deals there or try Extreme Graphics Moto Design. Hope this helps!!!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2003, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks Bro....the info is much appreciated! I checked out your bike and think it ROCKS! The Blk/Slvr is the best combo! Tell me more about your mods? It almost looks lowered?
Later,
Chad

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 02:02 PM

GSXR 1000 which slip-on can???

Quote:
Tell me more about your mods? It almost looks lowered?
Well, I normally don't do this, but here ya go. She is lowered 2 inches front and back, loaded with Yoshi cams and a mapped PC 3. She has a K&N filter and a Shinko rear tire. She also can "Sneak a Peak" with a touch of gas hid away nicely, therefore earning her the title, "The Busa Killa". Good luck with yours!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up awesome

thanks bro...I would believe there aren't many much faster if any?
Appreciate the info,
Chad
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 09:06 AM

hey man,

for a slip on, get a D&D. Those things are loud. Got one on my bike. It scares the hell out of people when you pass them!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 03:47 AM

I have a 7fiddy, but I am running 1000 headers and I put on a M4 highsport Ti/Alum halfsystem and it looks great and I am sure it would look the same on the 1k. Like stated the slip-on is not going to do shiot for performance and may actually make it less. If you go high mount, you should get PC and remap, due to loss in the lower end....but easily fixed by remapping.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 08:03 AM

Yeah...that stock fender sucks. Hotbodies are good undertails. I didn't go as far as an undertail. But if you simply want to get rid on the fender, cut if off straight and level across the back, drill some holes along the remaining section of the fender on the sides and mount some short-stalk lights, then take the license plate mount, turn it upside-down and use some angle brackets to remount your plate to the underside the rear.
Cost = about $15 for the lights, $3 for the angles, and a couple hours. Fender Eliminated!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 02:33 AM

Ackrapovic and only akrapovic , dammned they're beautifull
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode