Turnsignals where the break lights are? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Turnsignals where the break lights are?

Hey I was wondering if there is any way to rig the break lights to show as flashing turn signals and eliminate those clunky ones on the back. So when I would hit the turn signal they would flash in the LED breakes....ANY IMPUT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 04:51 PM

yeah, i did that on my bike. you can do it pretty easily if you have dual filament tail lights. All you have to do is go any auto parts store and buy one of those tail light converters for trailers. They are less than 20 bucks. Also, there are two kinds, one of them has ground wire built in, and the other doesn't, i would suggest getting the one with the ground wire built in (i couldn't get mine to work until i got that one). It really cleans up the rear end, but the down side is that it is not as noticable durring the day as the stock set up.
-Dave-
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 06:51 AM

I did that to my Mille. Its very slick and really cleans up the tail. You may want to replace the stock relay with a heavier duty one too. Evoluzione makes kits for doing this. I don't know if they have them for Yamaha.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 03:02 AM

I have done this also on my 02 6r, but as stated earlier - Filament Bulbs, not L.E.D.'s. If you want to put the integrator on L.E.D.'s, you need another adapter, I think chaparrall or probably anyplace sells it by now. Then get yourself a TRAILER WIRING KIT from an outo store and you're in busniess. There's pictures of the install at my site at the bottom of the sportbike page. Also a video there of it's operation. I kept my signals on, but you can easily eliminate them. Like I said though, since you have L.E.D.'s, you need another adapter, no biggie. Good luck
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanx

Thanks guys for the suggestions, currantly my bike is away because of the 30 inches of snow we just got. I took her out today and ran her up the street for a few since it was dry out but only at like 30...

As soon as the weather breaks I will be able to look more at the tail and see what needs to be done.

Thanks again,...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 04:49 AM

Is there any information on the legality of this ? Bikes attract enough attention as it is. I don't need something else to act as a reason for pulling me over.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 06:22 AM

they are definatly not legal (in N.H. atleast). I tried to get an inspection sticker with my bike that way and they laughed at me, so i went to a friends shop and he gave me one. I guess that it all depends on what state your bike is registered in...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 11:26 AM

can't remember where, but i read that in NJ you dont need rear turn signals. maybe that means that you have to signal with your hands, but i have no idea... hey palmyra, we should go for a ride when it gets warm, i'm in blackwood
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 10:57 AM

drill holes in the houseing and put the blinkers in there, it'll give the same effect
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 05:52 PM

Fellas...If you gots LED's you want to keep them right??

Click on http://www.hightechspeed.com/

They can help.....

Doug

www.pimpgauges.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode