Cheap Kryptonite Chains - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Cheap Kryptonite Chains

I'm trying to get the cheapest Kryptonite 5' Fahgettaboudit chain that I can. I've found it for $130 + $13 for shipping, does anyone know where I can order one for cheaper?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 09:05 AM

I found 3/8 inch heat treated hardened steel chain at home depo for a heck of a lot less money than that. What does kryptonite make there chains out of, depleated uranium?????? probably not. hardened steal is hardened steel to me. If you live near alot of farms you might try a farm equipment store I once bought a four foot piece of chain that was an amazing 1/2 inch thick at a place like that. They had to take the whole thing out back and use some crazy cutting saw on it. the guy said it tore the blade up and was hard as hell to cut through. thats when I new I had the perfect chain for my bike.. Also remember a chain is only as good as it's weakest link. Which is usually the lock. This is going to sound weird and escentric but what I did was, go down to my local plumbing supply company and bought what I think is called a T joint. It's a peice of pipe shaped like a t and made of thick steel. I sent each end of the chain into the t joint and put my lock up inside the bottom hole. it took a bit of work to get the two ends of the chain to slip into place but once they did the place where the two ends of chain and the lock meet were encased in steel. Without the key to the lock you would have to use a blow tourch to get that chain off. And kryptonite doesn't make anything that will withstand a blowtorch. Good luck, Stay simple and cheap and keep it safe.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Can I see a picture of this whole thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode